If & Where I can Download Windows 7 Home Premium Disc Contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbb1983

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I have a key for Windows 7 Home Premium and I would like to install the software but I don't have a W7 HP disc. The only trial I can find is W7 Enterprise and once the trial period is done you can't enter a key anyway, you have to do a clean install of your purchased product. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
In virtually all cases the licenses that come prepacked with a system (such as your netbook) are OEM licenses that are not transferable to another machine. You really need to buy another license for the other machine. If you buy a standard retail or OEM package it will come with both a license key and a disc.

kenbb1983

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I'm trying to use a key off a netbook to install windows on a desktop. I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is microsoft doesn't provide you with the disc contents unless you purchase a key from them, even in that case im not sure how they do it.

In virtually all cases the licenses that come prepacked with a system (such as your netbook) are OEM licenses that are not transferable to another machine. You really need to buy another license for the other machine. If you buy a standard retail or OEM package it will come with both a license key and a disc.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.