Where are the motherboard spacers????

snyderm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Can someone please tell me where I can buy motherboard spacers? You know, the things that stop a motherboard from shorting out on the case and frying every component in your computer?

I like to buy everything from newgg (or rarely tiger direct) but now that I have run out of the motherboard spacers I had left lying around the house, I can't find anyone who sells them! How does newegg sell computer componets without the tools to prevent the shinny new parts from frying up? If newegg does sell them, they are not using any search keyword for them that I have ever heard. No motherboard or case I have ever ordered actually comes with them.

Can anyone help me out?

Fry's electronics and Microcenter stores have them in stock in store. Here:

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/2495730?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

MrTechnoFreak

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
Some motherboards require you to ground your board to the case or they won't work (hence spacers may negate this)...be careful. They actually detect not being grounded and pop up a bios error.

All in all, putting spacers there is a relatively new thing. Boards have always been grounded to the case through those little copper nut/screw things...

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I don't know where you live but I bought a kit containing screws spacers and other assorted useless stuff from the local computer shop. I believe you can just buy the spacers separately as well. Or here.
Spacers & Standoffs | All Electronics Corp - Parts, Supplies and Components
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/577/Spacers_&

MrTechnoFreak

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
Oh, those kinds of spacers...I thought he meant some sort of washer type spacers to go on top of the standoffs...my bad, disregard my previous post

snyderm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Thanks everyone, I'll just have to keep looking. I just found it really strange that I couldn't order them from where I thought I could.