looking for a good 200+ simultaneous connection dual-N router

Zithras

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
I have been looking for a good wireless home router for several hours, but don't really see a one that stands above the rest. What would you recommend?

Here are my needs, in order from most to least important (price preference $200 or below):

Must have:
1. high number (200+) of simultaneous connections supported.
3. At least one gigabit LAN port (to connect to my switch)
4. Wireless N support

Would like:
3. dual-band wireless-N (preferably simultaneous)
4. good range/signal strength (i.e. 3-antenna rather than cheap compact)
5. fast wireless transfer rates

What router would you recommend? The only ones that I see which seem to fit this are:
D-Link Xtreme N Gaming Router (DGL-4500) - but this seems to have major bandwith issues whereby the wireless bandwith keeps randomly dropping off, and reviews make it extremely unclear whether you can use both bands at once.
and
Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router (WRT610N) - the replacement for the 610, but I'm a bit leery of the $70 pricetag (compared with $170 for the 600, which is theoretically last years' model - what's it missing?) Additionally, the transfer rates don't seem to be as good as the 3-antenna routers, and again, it's not obvious whether both bands can be used simultaneously.

Thanks for the advice,
Zithras

solaman

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
I got the D-link DIR-825, was going to get the Linksys N610 but it had to many bad reviews.Check this site out, small net builder and look under wireless and charts