I have been looking for a good wireless home router for several hours, but don't really see a one that stands above the rest. What would you recommend?
Here are my needs, in order from most to least important (price preference $200 or below):
1. high number (200+) of simultaneous connections supported.
3. At least one gigabit LAN port (to connect to my switch)
4. Wireless N support
3. dual-band wireless-N (preferably simultaneous)
4. good range/signal strength (i.e. 3-antenna rather than cheap compact)
5. fast wireless transfer rates
What router would you recommend? The only ones that I see which seem to fit this are:
D-Link Xtreme N Gaming Router (DGL-4500) - but this seems to have major bandwith issues whereby the wireless bandwith keeps randomly dropping off, and reviews make it extremely unclear whether you can use both bands at once.
Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router (WRT610N) - the replacement for the 610, but I'm a bit leery of the $70 pricetag (compared with $170 for the 600, which is theoretically last years' model - what's it missing?) Additionally, the transfer rates don't seem to be as good as the 3-antenna routers, and again, it's not obvious whether both bands can be used simultaneously.