Building a PC

waelt

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Hey guys ....

I'm building a new PC but I'm so confused about it and I would be glad for some recommedation , anyway here is my PC components

CPU Inte Q6600
MOBO MSI P35 Platinum
RAM CORSAIR 2X1GB DDRII 800MHZ
VGA (still not sure) either 8800GTS 320mb or 8800GTX
PSU FSP 700w

I need your help in choosing the CPU and the VGA.... I dont want to waste my money on 8800GTX and then I wont be able to run BioShock nor Crysis in High Quality ...

This is till now .... what do you think ??

EV700

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I personally recommend the Q6700 if you're going to be gaming heavily. I don't know what to say about the 8800 GTX comment... I would imagine it to be able to run those games on high quality, but I'm not sure.

Here is a list of confirmed information...

* Crysis will run on both DX9 & DX10 as well as Windows XP and Windows Vista.
* A graphics card that supports Shader Model 2 or higher is required.
* CryEngine2 is estimated to scale back 2 years, and scale ahead 1.5 years.
* A single 7800GTX will run the game quite well on fairly high settings according to Crysis Art Director, Michael Khaimzon.
* Jack Mamais of Crytek said in an exclusive Crysis-Online interview that his X1900XT runs the game very well at reasonably high settings ( still unoptmized ).
* Crysis will dynamically utilize all processing threads available. Meaning quad-core processors will be supported.
http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/System Requirements/

Well.. according to this, the 8800 GTX would run the game well on 'fairly high' settings. Really, to maximize the settings of the engine it seems that they are talking about running the cards to come out after the G92 series; which probably means next year, Fall. The G92 series is not slated for release until probably December some time.

Notice it says Crysis will dynamically utilize multiple cores, which makes the Q6700 a good bet.

Recommended System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
System RAM: 2GB
Video card:
DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)
DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi%u2122 series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)
http://kotaku.com/gaming/stickershock/bioshock-pc-hardware-requirements-revealed-276512.php

So, those are the BioShock recommendations.. You'd be best set with the 8800 GTX and Q6700 there also. If you have the extra money to spend go Dual 8800 GTX in SLI or 8800 GTX Ultra.