What is this graphics card equivalent to?

The graphics card in my laptop is a 256mb ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 hypermemory. Because its integrated i don't know how to compare it to a stand alone card (ie like a radeon 9800). If anyone knows roughly what its equivalent would be to another more common card it would be really useful to know.

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about what graphics card equivalent
  1. http://tinyurl.com/yvoplw

According to this (Tom's Hardware Best Video Cards for the Money), it is equivalent to GeForce 3 Ti500, FX 5200 Ultra, FX 5600, FX 5700 LE, Go 5700, 6200 TC, 6600 LE, 7300 LE or ATI 8500, 9100, 9000 PRO, 9600 LE, Mobility 9700 (64-bit), X300 SE.

fixed the link. i don't know what's up with this forum and long links. it's not good!
  2. Thanks! Thats a massive help!
  3. A bit of info concerning ATI's graphic card model numbers. The last three digits represent the class of the card/chipset. The preceding numerals/character(s) represent the generation.

The last four generations (from newest to oldest) are:
    "HD2"xxx
    "X1"xxx
    "X"xxx
    "9"xxx

There are 4 basic classes for graphics cards:
    Integrated Chipsets; numbered 050 - 200
    Budget; numbered 200 - 450
    Mainstream; 500-650
    Enthusiast; 700-950

The ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 is actually an "X1" generation, "150" class chipset. This means you should only compare it with other integrated chipsets or maybe a previous generations budget class card.

-Wolf sends
  4. Wolfshadw said:
    The ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 is actually an "X1" generation, "150" class chipset. This means you should only compare it with other integrated chipsets or maybe a previous generations budget class card.

-Wolf sends

...or the budget class from a few generations ago, or... ;)

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/07/03/the_best_gaming_video_cards_for_the_money/page7.html

That link (which I think was trying to be posted up earlier) shows the hierarchy chart of where one chip stands relative to others... regardless of class. Very helpfull, but as mentioned above you can compare it to a few different generations of low class cards. that is one segment that just does not seem to move forward too much as the needs of buyers for that class are also unchanged over the years.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics