Sign in with
Your question

graphic card with two different outputs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 30, 2007 1:30:41 PM

is there any graphic card that can send two different output?
for example while someone watching movie on TV, someone else can work with office word on the monitor.

More about : graphic card outputs

July 30, 2007 1:39:17 PM

Yes, most dual DVI output graphics card can.
July 30, 2007 2:33:56 PM

Yes As long as it has extra outputs for S video etc that will hook to your tv which most do.My TV is hooked up to the S vid out on my 7900gt and in dualview mode you can watch TV while doing other things on the monitor.
Related resources
July 30, 2007 3:56:56 PM

uberman said:
Yes As long as it has extra outputs for S video etc that will hook to your tv which most do.My TV is hooked up to the S vid out on my 7900gt and in dualview mode you can watch TV while doing other things on the monitor.

The card in question may also need dual RAMDACs. While not a problem with today's cards (as dual RAMDACs are pretty standard), the Geforce3 series, despite VGA, DVI, and Svideo outputs, could not perform dual display operation due to having only 1 RAMDAC (although, perhaps with a DVI monitor connection maybe it could use TV out simultaneously, as DVI should bypass the RAMDAC...).
July 30, 2007 5:58:36 PM

so you mean geforce 3 series can not perform? what models can do?
July 30, 2007 7:29:39 PM

Just about any modern card with svid ,composite,HDMI can do what you want thru CCC or Nvidia control panel.I don't believe you want a Geforce3 series so joe fridays point is moot.
!