Sign in with
Your question

Coolermaster Centurion 5 help

Last response: in Overclocking
August 16, 2007 8:46:57 AM

I hate to ask and I've been trying to ignore it, but it's been bugging me and I haven't found any info online. I'm wondering if a 120mm fan will fit in the front of the Coolermaster Centurion 5. It has an 80mm fan standard, and it doesn't look like there's a lot of room to fit anything bigger. The screw holes probably wouldn't even align. I'd crack it open and look but but I don't have the tools here with me. My system has an average temp of 60 degrees C and my 8800GTS averages at 70 degrees C. I'd like to lower each by 10 degrees at least. I also thought I could put a fan on the side vent below the air duct, but it looks like for some reason my model doesn't have the screw holes to mount a fan like other models do. I don't see what the point of the vent is without mounting a fan, though.

Any cheap suggestions for cooling my system and GPU? Should I even worry about it at these temperatures? I don't want to go crazy with water cooling and $50 fans. What I'd really like is to somehow get an 120mm fan up front for intake to replace my 80mm one. Otherwise, the only thing I can think to do is drill through my side door and make my own screw holes to install a fan on the side vent, but I have no experience doing that and I worry about the increased amounts of dust in the case that could lead to.

More about : coolermaster centurion

August 16, 2007 9:07:28 AM

Mod the side panel and add a window with a fan blowhole. That's relatively cheap.

OR

Do what you thought but add a fan filter to it so that it would filter out dust particles. You would just need to clean it every so often.
August 17, 2007 12:20:31 AM

Are there any non-intrusive ways to mount a fan inside a case without drilling holes? And is fan filter type important or will any cheap filter do the job without hindering airflow? Should I even be worried about my system and GPU temps? My CPU temp is usually a cool 30-40 degrees C. I think my system temp is only jacked up because I can feel the heat that my 8800GTS traps at the bottom of the case.
August 17, 2007 2:26:30 AM

those are not high temps for a CPU so you're fine there. You just need to find a way to streamline your airflow so that the internal heat is removed mroe efficiently.

Non-intrusive?

You could go the PCI Slot route and get PCI slot fans but, I believe, they are all exhaust type fans.
!