SATA-II Cables

Hello All,
Quick question:

I was under the impression that all SATA cables were the same. (i.e. SATA-I = SATA-II for cables) however, as I get ready to build my system, I found on thermaltakes's website that their cables have a maximum transfer rate of 150MB/S. I've attached the link. Can someone please explain?

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Accessory/CaseMods/RoundCable/RoundCable.asp

Thanks in Advance
5 answers Last reply
More about sata cables
  1. I think they are covering there arse on that one... there is no different specification for SATAI or SATAII cables. Any SATAcable will do 300MB/s
  2. There is no such thing as SATA-II, and any sata cable should work at any speed, it's probably just an outdated page.
  3. How about the fact that there is no drive currently in production that can even deliver "SATA-I" (which is a misnomer, it's really SATA150) speeds anyway, so who gives a crap. Technically ATA133 is more than enough. I do love all the hype though.
  4. Zorg said:
    How about the fact that there is no drive currently in production that can even deliver "SATA-I" (which is a misnomer, it's really SATA150) speeds anyway, so who gives a crap. Technically ATA133 is more than enough. I do love all the hype though.

Quoted for truth. Even ATA100 could handle a Raptor just fine, I don't see why people get so hung up on SATA150 vs. SATA300, when both are overkill for a single drive. Also, I'm not sure where people keep getting that there's a "SATA-II", when there definitely isn't.

Just plug it in, if it works, you're good.
  5. Ummm... Maybe it's 'cos they can then try to sell a "certified for 300 MB/S" version for more money? Maybe paint them gold and add rhinestones to make them Blingalicious, too...

You can never tell, once the Marketing types get involved.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives SATA Cable Storage