Hitachi Deskstar IDE Internally Bust Pin?

Hawkeye05

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
I was rearranging my drives in my POS and i didnt have enough light and put the IDE cable in wrong on my 60Gb, The Pin was bent and pushed in, some needlenose pliers fixed that but now nothing will detect it, it spins up but doesnt access, Phoenix Bios rev 4 i think detects the Drive but then thinks about it then gives a code 0200 disk 0 error, ive tried my external nothing works, does anyone know where i can find instructions on taking this sucker apart and possiby resaudering the pin or what i should do, the last backup was in march and since then i have made a lot of changes Grad photos, 1200 more songs etc. If anyone knows any remedies please help

When you pulled the pin out with the needlenose pliers you could have caused the pin to become detached from the circuit board.

Perhaps a local repair shop can fix the problem, but it probably will not be less than the cost of a new (and larger) hard drive. However, if you have important data on it, then getting it repaired is really worth your while.