Taking my watercooling overseas--need new pump?

stitch

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2002
I've got a homemade watercooling unit (cheesy radiator-in-an-ammo-case) with an eheim 1250 pump. I'm moving to the UK for three years starting in late September, but I've got a problem. I'm pretty sure my Antec TruePower power supply can handle the alternate voltage, and probably my monitor too (Dell 2007wfp), and maybe my speakers (logitech something, but I will need to check). But I have absolutely no idea about the eheim pump OR the PCI card which automatically passes the voltage through on startup.

Anyone know where I could find this stuff out? I'd hate to plug everything in only to have the extra voltage come pumping over the passthrough card somehow and fry my mobo!

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I am not sure if the pump can handle the 220V UK power system. But I know you can pickup a power converter that will convert the 220V UK power to 120V US power for your pump. Just remember that just means that it is another thing to go wrong though.

-ouch1

stitch

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2002
Eh, I'm not crazy about the transformer idea; I think this may be my chance to pick up a good quality DC pump, although I'm torn between the Laing DDC and the Laing D5. Given my 1/2" ID system, the D5 is a more obvious choice, but the DDC is a great pump and a bit smaller/quieter. Hm.