How to replace hard drive on HPG60-230US with vista

jlbercaw

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
i HAVE A 320gB HARD DRIVE ON MY hpg60-230us. i AM REPLACING THE HARD DRIVE AND MOVING TO XP. How do I replace the hard drive? My new one is a 500Gb SATA.

maybrick

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
For laptops you can usually unscrew the screws on the underside of the laptop and slide out the Hard Drive. HDD's are usually on the front left or front right of the laptop so look for a section that may look like it could be pulled out. If you can see that locate the screws on the underside and slide it out. Be careful when doing this, dont force the HDD it should come out quite easily once you unscrew it.

Once you've done then, take off the plastic bumper part that you held onto to pull out the HDD, screw that onto the new one and slide it in.

Have you confirmed this HDD is compatible?

jlbercaw

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010

Thanx for response. Clearly I am a neophyte here. The salesman where I bought it looked online and said this Seagate 500Gb SATA should work. I am having a hard time getting the thing to be "read" by my HPG60. Errors come up. DO I need to alter the BIOS or something like that sinceit has been a VISTA platform or is that insignificant?

TRENDING THREADS