Internal Blue Ray Disc burner

deffie

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Hi all,
i'm looking to buy an internal and/or external Blue ray disc burner, i need it for professional usage.
Can you please suggest me something ?

bye!

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I would definitely go with an internal. Samsung, Lite-On, and LG all make good DVD burners and they all run around $30. Plextor is considered the premiere burner but it's a lot more expensive. If you mean by professional, they will get heavy usage, I'd probably go with a less expensive one figuring with heavy usage you'll have to replace sooner than ordinary use. You could also google someting like "professional dvd burners" and see what you come up with. I would guess they'd be pretty expensive.

IGNORE the $30, forgot you wanted Blue Ray

deffie

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
It will be used by a video production/broadcasting company to make an archive of interviews, events etc. They have to offline store 5 terabytes yearly; I'm considering to use 4-5 professional internal BD burners installed on their workstations and a program to manage the library.

The alternative which i'm looking at is a professional automated library like this: http://www.disc-gmbh.com/DISC_Series__BD.927.0.html

But it still needs to be equiped with some common internal BD burners; so please go ahead with the suggestions :)

Thank You,

TRENDING THREADS