Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte P35 DS3R vs. DS3L

Last response: in Motherboards
August 2, 2007 2:30:45 PM

I'm looking at one of these two mobos for my new build, and I'm not sure the price difference ($35) is justified for me. You might be familiar already with the DS3R, as it's a popular choice, but from what I can see, if you want to save some money, don't need RAID, can life with 4 SATA ports rather than 6 or 8 (I know the DS3R has a bit more), and don't need/care about "Ultra Durable 2", the DS3L might be the choice for you. It still has all solid capacitors. If you're not a hard core overclocker, and don't need RAID, what's wrong with the DS3L, or am I missing something?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

More about : gigabyte p35 ds3r ds3l

May 10, 2008 10:33:40 PM

The DS3L is a basic feature P35 board. It's a great budget choice perfect for single/two hard disk drive and single optical disk drive systems. Equip it with a good processor and good graphics card and you have a good midrange system. Overclocking is on par with DS3R. Neither board is meant for the extreme overclocker.
May 11, 2008 1:52:27 AM

The DS3L is a great board very stable and has some good overclocking features for the price. Have read about how good it is all over the net & thinking about buying one for myself.
!