Sign in with
Your question

Error code 0x000000ED

Last response: in Storage
September 16, 2007 3:59:17 AM

Well I've done it again. If you've helped me before you know the hell I was through to clone one HDD to another with a budget of $0, but this is different. Well ever since I did clone and partition my HDD, it made a loud click every time it stopped, whether it was off or in standby. So today I installed a DVD drive and it was working well until I restarted and got the error code from hell. Depending on which way I have my computer (desktop), either on it's side or right side up I get mixed results. Sometimes it will boot and sometimes it says drive 0 not found but this time I just get the error message, and I can't seem to fix it myself. The full message goes as follows:

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82382A68, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) :pt1cable: 

I need to get my ~12 GB's of files off of that drive, so it's crucial that I can get it to a point where I can at least get data off of it. I may have to try using a free program named "CopyWipe", but maybe it won't recognize it.

Thanks!
Kroof

More about : error code 0x000000ed

September 16, 2007 5:52:14 AM

Well, stop causing that error then!

Seriously though. If you take out your hard drive and put it in another computer(and use it as a slave drive not as boot drive) you should have access to everything on that hard drive.

If you're trying to get your files off before you reformat or something try doing a windows xp repair.

If that doesn't work you could get a CD like BartPE and boot from that.

If that doesn't work you could use a hard drive repair utility, but that'll cost $$$.

So, I'd say put it in a friend's computer and copy your stuff off if it.

And finally, you have serious problems my friend. Your computer shouldn't care if it's upside down or on it's side. So you either have a bad cable somewhere or a lose screw somewhere. Whichever is the case you need to hunt that down. It's likely that if you fix this problem your computer will magically start booting up normally. I'd try replacing your hard drive cable. That's a possible culprit in my book.

Forgot 1 additional thought. You could be getting the stop error because your hard drive and/or MFT is bad. If either one is the case you need to pray for backups, as recovery won't be pretty(but is possible).
!