Quick Question (and a thankyou)

dldude

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007
Hey Guys. First of all, I want to thank those of you who regularly contribute to this board. I built my first PC this weekend, spend 2-3hrs putting everything together and I am currently on my new Q6600 with nearly no problems whatsoever! I could never have done this without this board. It has helped me greatly, so thank you all.

The only Issue i ran into was that my Sound is a bit weird. I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3R. I just have it plugged into normal computer speakers. The software that came with the mobo for the audio stuff points towards 5.1SS audio and all that junk. It has tons of features in terms of EQ, but I get this horribly digitalized sound on my music. Especially on the vocal parts. Im in the process of downloading an updated driver but Im not sure that will help.
Also, I have a WinTV1600 and the audio on that is barely recognizable. The video is fine (i believe the card is working perfectly), but i think my audio is just messed up on my board. Has anyone experience such a problem?

One idea i had was that the case I bought (Coolermaster) has 3 F_Audio inputs. the AC'97, HD Audio, and then about 8-10 separate cables that I could not figure out. The GB board's manual said HD Audio is the standard, so I plugged that into my F_Audio port on the mobo. Could this be my problem?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I'd unplug all of the case audio port wires. Download and save the most recent audio drivers. Uninstall the current audio drivers, even if not told to, restart the computer and install the new drives. If Windows comes up with New Hardware Found, Cancel it. Before installing the new drivers. When you say normal speakers, are they 5.1, i.e., 5 speakers and a sub? Of if you have only 2 speakers or 2 speakers and a sub, set the software for what you have, former is 2 and latter 2.1

TRENDING THREADS