8800 GTX normal temps

I just built a new system with the Foxconn 8800 GTX factory overclocked videocard which has the core overclocked to 630 and the memory overclocked to 2000. I am running vista ultimate and I am concerned about the temps. At idle it runs 67 degrees celsius and playing Stalker with all settings maxed it runs at 74 degrees celsius. Should I be concerned or not? I am considering buying a PCI slot cooler that I foundon newegg.
5 answers Last reply
More about 8800 normal temps
  1. well before i made some modifications to my thermaltake armor, my 8800 ultra stock 612Mhz was running at 81c idle!! but after i put it to 100% fan speed and got a total of 12 case fans it came down to 58 idle.. but since your card is overclocked so much i would say thats normal.. if it gets past 100 i would be concerned...
  2. That's normal temps for a 8800. Of course, the cooler the better. Put the fan @ 100% (rivatuner), and check your case airflow. Mine idles @ 49, loads 64-65 (heavy games as CoH).
  3. You don't need to go wacking your fan to 100% with RivaTuner. Just follow this nice guide and you can keep your GPU cool and quiet. :D Obviously the cooler the better but if you are below 80C under full load I wouldn't worry much.

http://home.comcast.net/~boogieman1954/8800%20fan%20speed%20guide.htm
  4. Thanks guys. I decided to get a PCI slot fan anyways just to protect my $540 investment.
  5. stuoke said:
    I just built a new system with the Foxconn 8800 GTX factory overclocked videocard which has the core overclocked to 630 and the memory overclocked to 2000. I am running vista ultimate and I am concerned about the temps. At idle it runs 67 degrees celsius and playing Stalker with all settings maxed it runs at 74 degrees celsius. Should I be concerned or not? I am considering buying a PCI slot cooler that I foundon newegg.

i use to have my processor running at those temps ( it never died. had it like that for 3 months until i saved up enough money to get a new fan cuz the stock wasn't doing it on 3.5 ghz oceD (e6400)).. if it gets in the 90C ish then i would be worried.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics