ATI X1900XT question

HoldDaMayo

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
I'm having a problem with a x1900XT 256MB graphics card, it's about a year old and it's just not acting right.

In regular Internet surfing, i get wronly colored pixels sporadically on the page. Sometimes there might not be any, sometimes there might be 15 or 20 pixels i can see that are weird.

In gaming, the graphics flash and certain little dots are not hte right color and flash and act weird, this behaviour can range from minor to getting to the point where i just don't play.

The card is running at default speeds and i monitor the temps religously and it stays cool, temperature doesn't seem to have any affect. My first thought is my video card is dieing, my 2nd thought is maybe somehow my power supply isn't cutting it? I have a Antec true power 550 watt, 2 hard drives, DVD burner, 3 case fans, e6600 CPU @ 2.8ghz... I can give more detail if you need it.

I know it's hard to say for sure in these cases, but i'd just to hear what people's thoughts are.

Thanks.

I have a 1900xt 512 version. My psu gives me 18 amps per rail, 29 combined. I think your psu is ok. What about drivers? Have you made any changes there lately? Or when this started had you just made changes? Id delete old drivers, reinstall new. Id also reseat everything, just to be sure. The fact its happening in 2D mode is a concern. Or a blessing. Your cards either dying as you said, or its the drivers, connections or even dust. Hope the latter is your problem. GL

HoldDaMayo

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
Well, i took your advice and blew all the dust out, eventhough there wasn't much, cleaned all the plugs, unplugged everything, plugged it back in, removed all the drivers. I noticed that even in the bios I get those graphic anomolies... I guess i'm gonna be forced into upgrading eventhough I had hoped to wait until Christmas time to see what else comes out and wait for a little more driver maturity for the DX10 cards... oh well... thanks for the advice...

TRENDING THREADS