Sign in with
Your question

New mobo does not POST

Last response: in Motherboards
August 3, 2007 11:34:30 PM

After my previous mobo had RAM slot issues, I got an Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... S3

Well, I went to boot it with my video card / RAM / CPU in but I got no beeps....Not even the 1 beep that says that it was successful...I took RAM out..still no beeps...no RAM error beeps...

I started looking and on the newegg reviews people mention something about the BIOS revision and how it doesnt support newer CPUs

I have a Athlon X2 5600+ Windsor core...Could this be it? If so how do I update the BIOS since I cant do anything...Please dont tell me I have to send it back since this is my second mobo attempt...Help please!!

More about : mobo post

August 3, 2007 11:52:18 PM

First, make sure you've disable your onboard video in the BIOS. Are you trouble shooting with the board out of the case? If not, try that and also make sure you have the precise number of offsets and that there is a screw for each, no more and no less.
August 4, 2007 12:07:16 AM

I will try it out of the board but about the BIOS thing,,,I cant access BIOS since I cant get a complete POST
Related resources
August 4, 2007 12:38:45 AM

sap147 said:
I will try it out of the board but about the BIOS thing,,,I cant access BIOS since I cant get a complete POST

I know you can't upgrade it right now, that was for once you got it to post I'd try a different PSU but possible the mobo is bad.
August 4, 2007 1:29:16 AM

You prob grounded the mb on a post some cases have plastic inserts to put in screw hole or one too many standoffs, once i had a customer brought me in his system he screwed the mb to back plane without the brass standoffs and wonder why it would not boot :p .
August 4, 2007 2:07:46 AM

well guess what guys....i tried running out of the case and wham...it works..it seems that my too many offsets left unscrewed was the issue??? huh???

anyway, it posted...no ram issues...detected my 2gb ram in dual channel mode...caught my 256 7900GS and my 5600+...i am happy right now

thanks for the help all!!
!