Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Project Management Software Installation

Last response: in Applications
January 25, 2012 12:48:15 PM

I have an old but powerful Project Management software that is on six 3.5” floppies. My i7 desktop computer (Win7) does not have a floppy controller and I cannot connect an external floppy drive to this computer.

I have used this program and also MS Project; both comparable and good.

The program is installed on a Win XP desktop and runs fine. I would now like to install this XP program on my Win7 computer which has XP-Mode (I have other XP programs running fine here).

Can you suggest a way of installing this program on my Win7 computer? Would ISO images be the way to go?

Thank you for your replies.

Best solution

January 25, 2012 1:55:35 PM

Copy the contents of the disks onto a folder on the XP machine and share it. Access this folder from the i7 machine and you should be able to run the install program from there.
January 25, 2012 2:00:50 PM

At the very worst, you can make virtual floppy images, and run then through a virtual floppy drive.

Have you tried just zipping/unzipping the folder, and then manually entering the registry information?
Related resources
January 25, 2012 7:52:06 PM

At the moment I have not tried anything. All this time I have been using the program on the XP computer.

Just today I thought that it would be nice to have it on the Win7 computer. Hence my post here.
February 11, 2012 7:40:26 PM

Best answer selected by Ubrales.
February 12, 2012 7:59:09 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!