Sanyo 30" Widescreen Walmart Special

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought the HT30744 Sanyo Widescreen
Walmart special. I have a question for anyone else that owns one. There are
at least 2 very slight vertical lines that run from top to bottom at the
very left edge of the screen. You can see them in some program material, but
I was watching some NBC HD show last night and in a dark room and with the
kind of greyish black background they had, the lines really stood out.
Anybody seen these bars on this TV, or did I get a bad one?
Thanks
Norm
12 answers Last reply
More about sanyo widescreen walmart special

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:53:57 GMT, "Norm" <rodeofan1@worldnet.att.net>
    wrote:

    >Well I finally bit the bullet and bought the HT30744 Sanyo Widescreen
    >Walmart special. I have a question for anyone else that owns one. There are
    >at least 2 very slight vertical lines that run from top to bottom at the
    >very left edge of the screen. You can see them in some program material, but
    >I was watching some NBC HD show last night and in a dark room and with the
    >kind of greyish black background they had, the lines really stood out.
    >Anybody seen these bars on this TV, or did I get a bad one?
    >Thanks
    >Norm

    Its a Sanyo---its Bad!!!!

    Take it back and buy one of the top selling sets---Sony, Toshiba or
    Panasonic. Sanyo has always been low priced cheap junk

    "Norm" <rodeofan1@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Well I finally bit the bullet and bought the HT30744 Sanyo Widescreen
    > Walmart special. I have a question for anyone else that owns one. There
    are
    > at least 2 very slight vertical lines that run from top to bottom at the
    > very left edge of the screen. You can see them in some program material,
    but
    > I was watching some NBC HD show last night and in a dark room and with the
    > kind of greyish black background they had, the lines really stood out.
    > Anybody seen these bars on this TV, or did I get a bad one?
    > Thanks
    > Norm

    I have owned this same model TV since December 2004 and there are no lines
    visible in the place described.
    Take it back and replace it if it is a problem, otherwise it is a very
    reliable and easy to use low priced HDTV. I just connected it last nite to
    My Cox Cable box SA 3250HD thru the DVI to HDMI port on the TV and it is
    even better than the component connection supported by Cox.

    Wow! Dick really lived-up-to-his-name on that post. I'm sure the
    'top-selling brands' NEVER have any problems.

    Anywho, I've had my Sanyo since December and don't have any complaints..