Sign in with
Your question

My HP HD DVD player say format not supported?

Last response: in Windows Vista
October 18, 2010 11:32:30 AM

I need help, I updated my HP HD DVD player and when i try to play it says FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED. please this is frusstrating, somebody help, HP customer service sucks! they dont know anything!UGHHHHHH!!!
October 18, 2010 11:55:40 AM

Need more info, what won't the HP play?
Does the player have a model number?
m
l
October 25, 2010 5:33:54 AM

None of my HD DVDS will play on my HP Computer that has a Toshiba HD DVD Drive in int. I used the computer scan tool to see if the HD DVD PLayer works and it says it is working fine. However when I put any and even brand new HD DVDS in the HD Drive it says "Format not supported", my computer is a model nymber m8100y HP, I have downloaded the last and latest drivers for it and still odesnt play my HD DVDS, I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same luck, it still reads "Format not supported"..... Thanks for your help, looking forward to having positive results from your advice!
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2010 8:25:06 AM

mhelm1 said:
Need more info, what won't the HP play?
Does the player have a model number?

None of my HD DVDS will play on my HP Computer that has a Toshiba HD DVD Drive in int. I used the computer scan tool to see if the HD DVD PLayer works and it says it is working fine. However when I put any and even brand new HD DVDS in the HD Drive it says "Format not supported", my computer is a model nymber m8100y HP, I have downloaded the last and latest drivers for it and still odesnt play my HD DVDS, I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same luck, it still reads "Format not supported"..... Thanks for your help, looking forward to having positive results from your advice!

m
l
November 1, 2010 11:09:26 AM

Go to HP's web site here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?pro...
Make sure you select the correct operating system!
Download the software for, ยป HP DVD Play Application Update
I'm guessing that this is the only program that will play the BD and HD formats.
Make sure you are opening the movies with HP DVD play.
m
l
!