Folder Permissions for Organize

July 1, 2005 9:39:08 AM

I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain folders
automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired folders the
rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went to
properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
myself permission to do this?
Thanks
July 1, 2005 5:50:05 PM

Kirk wrote:
> I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain folders
> automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired folders the
> rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went to
> properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
> myself permission to do this?
> Thanks

What email client, and whar folders are you trying to move the mail to?
July 1, 2005 5:50:06 PM

I am using office xp standard for students v2002 and outlook. I created a
folder under inbox and tried to set the rule. I can do this on my other
computer which has xp pro.

"Gordon" wrote:

> Kirk wrote:
> > I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain folders
> > automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired folders the
> > rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went to
> > properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
> > myself permission to do this?
> > Thanks
>
> What email client, and whar folders are you trying to move the mail to?

Related resources
July 1, 2005 6:11:39 PM

Kirk wrote:
> I am using office xp standard for students v2002 and outlook. I created a
> folder under inbox and tried to set the rule. I can do this on my other
> computer which has xp pro.
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>>Kirk wrote:
>>
>>>I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain folders
>>>automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired folders the
>>>rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went to
>>>properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
>>>myself permission to do this?
>>>Thanks
>>
>>What email client, and whar folders are you trying to move the mail to?

Are you SURE that in your other machine, the folder you set up is
actually in the Inbox? I had a feeling that rules only move mail to
folders OUTSIDE the inbox, not within the Inbox itself. Is the Inbox on
an Exchange Server? If it is, then I don't think you can do this, you
need to move mail to a local folder.
July 4, 2005 4:16:38 PM

"Kirk" <Kirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using office xp standard for students v2002 and outlook. I created a
> folder under inbox and tried to set the rule. I can do this on my other
> computer which has xp pro.
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> Kirk wrote:
>> > I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain
>> > folders
>> > automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired
>> > folders the
>> > rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went
>> > properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
>> > myself permission to do this?
>> > Thanks
>>
>> What email client, and whar folders are you trying to move the mail to?

Well in Outlook 2003 rules do not operate on folders within the Inbox.
Presumably that is the same with Outlook 2002.
!