Folder Permissions for Organize

I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain folders
automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired folders the
rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went to
properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
myself permission to do this?
Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about folder permissions organize

    Kirk wrote:
    > I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain folders
    > automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired folders the
    > rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went to
    > properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
    > myself permission to do this?
    > Thanks

    What email client, and whar folders are you trying to move the mail to?

    I am using office xp standard for students v2002 and outlook. I created a
    folder under inbox and tried to set the rule. I can do this on my other
    computer which has xp pro.

    Kirk wrote:
    > I am using office xp standard for students v2002 and outlook. I created a
    > folder under inbox and tried to set the rule. I can do this on my other
    > computer which has xp pro.
    >
    > "Gordon" wrote:
    >

    >>Kirk wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain folders
    >>>automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired folders the
    >>>rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went to
    >>>properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
    >>>myself permission to do this?
    >>>Thanks
    >>
    >>What email client, and whar folders are you trying to move the mail to?

    Are you SURE that in your other machine, the folder you set up is
    actually in the Inbox? I had a feeling that rules only move mail to
    folders OUTSIDE the inbox, not within the Inbox itself. Is the Inbox on
    an Exchange Server? If it is, then I don't think you can do this, you
    need to move mail to a local folder.

    "Kirk" <Kirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using office xp standard for students v2002 and outlook. I created a
    > folder under inbox and tried to set the rule. I can do this on my other
    > computer which has xp pro.
    >
    > "Gordon" wrote:
    >
    >> Kirk wrote:
    >> > I have tried to set a rule to which certain mail goes to certain
    >> > folders
    >> > automatically. Though I can move the mail one by one to desired
    >> > folders the
    >> > rules say I don't have permission to do it automatically. I then went
    >> > properties and did not see a summary or permissions tab. How do I give
    >> > myself permission to do this?
    >> > Thanks
    >>
    >> What email client, and whar folders are you trying to move the mail to?

    Well in Outlook 2003 rules do not operate on folders within the Inbox.
    Presumably that is the same with Outlook 2002.

Microsoft Permissions Windows XP