DDR Prices

I am currently running 2 GB of DDR (not DDR2) in a dual channel arrangement on a 939 motherboard, and I am thinking of adding another pair of Corsair XMS sticks (XMS 2048-3200), but they seem to be a little scarce of late. Is DDR memory still being manufactured, and does anyone have any guesses about DDR (not DDR2) prices six months from now? Also, can anyone tell me if I will suffer any timing penalties by upgrading an Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard from 2GB to 4GB of memory?
2 answers Last reply
More about prices
  1. if it was you i would just save my money and upgrade to a 775 or am2 system

you wont see that much of an improvement going from 2-4gigs and 32bit os's wont use all 4 gigs any way

i have that same mobo as you and i saw a small time hit when i put 4 dimms in but only by a small bit (corsair xms : 2 , 3 , 3 , 7 - 2.5 , 3 , 3 , 7)
  2. Save your money and wait until you upgrade to a system with DDR2 or DDR3. Memory manufacturers cut back their DDR production dramatically when AMD intro'd the AM2 socket, so prices on DDR ram skyrocketed and they're not likely to come down ever. Maybe you can find a used pair on Ebay or something, but I still don't recommend it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR2 DDR Motherboards Product