Instant reboots after bios changes

Daredevil_8

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
So I just finished rebuilding my comp w/some new components, and it booted fine the first time (then it killed my xp boot sector so I had to repair that) and then the next few boots were fine. Here's where the issue comes in.

I have a 2 pairs of ram that aren't the same speed, and I had this issue in my last build too. This time, I decided to build the comp with just one set of the ram. Everything works ok! So I stick the other sticks in there - doesn't work. Just as I had expected. So I went into the BIOS and changed the ram "multiplier"? (New feature I guess? never heard of it. I usually just have to change the speed, but whatever.)

Anyways, I set it to DDR2 800 and reboot with 2 of the Corsair sticks in and one of the Patriot sticks (mind you, it booted last time with these 3 sticks in). It works! So I stick the other stick of ram in (4 total now)...then nothing. It reboots over and over without ANY chance to even get to the BIOS. So I consulted the manual and tried the two different ways of resetting the CMOS, and neither seem to allow me to get to the BIOS. I've tried every possible configuration to boot the machine to at least the BIOS(No ram, 1 stick, all hdd's disconnected, no video card, etc.), but nothing. Always restarts before it. Any clues?

System:
E6750 (new)
Gigabyte P35C-DS3R mobo
2x512 Patriot DDR2 667
2x512 Corsair DDR2 675
X1900XTX
Corsair 520HX PSU

P.S.: All System temps were fine before I tried to change the BIOS settings.

Daredevil_8

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
yup. tried every combination. I know it's a BIOS issue, and apparently it's a prety well known problem right now..If I can get the CMOS to clear it might work, but I can't get it to clear. Maybe the board is just dead...bleh..