compression is off yet I have compressed files

Hi, Why would some of my files be compressed? I have compression turned off,
and still SOME files in a couple of folders are compressed. For example I
have a folder for my time sheets. Most of those files are compressed, but not
all. I did not do this. As I look closer it is 2 main folders a their sub
folders. Compression is NOT turned on. Why would this be. I guess it doesn't
matter, I'm just curious. My system is a p4 3.0 / 1gig ram. windows xp pro
sp2. Not an upgraded version, new install.
PS these folders are folders i created in "My Documents"
Thanks,
Rick

Gordon

Rick H wrote:
> Hi, Why would some of my files be compressed? I have compression turned off,
> and still SOME files in a couple of folders are compressed. For example I
> have a folder for my time sheets. Most of those files are compressed, but not
> all. I did not do this. As I look closer it is 2 main folders a their sub
> folders. Compression is NOT turned on. Why would this be. I guess it doesn't
> matter, I'm just curious. My system is a p4 3.0 / 1gig ram. windows xp pro
> sp2. Not an upgraded version, new install.
> PS these folders are folders i created in "My Documents"
> Thanks,
> Rick

Did you select "Compress Old Files" at some stage when you did a Disk
Cleanup?

That was it, thanks.
Rick