No Keyboard Recognition

Ah yes, the USB keyboard delimma. If you cleared your BIOS, many BIOS's will by default disable native USB support, meaning your USB ports are now dead.
I keep a cheap PS2 keyboard around to plug in and get into the BIOS so you can turn USB support back on.

cyrax

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
I appreciate the responses but none of them help my problem. The keyboard is ps/2, so no usb worries there. Already tried a converter with no avail. I have 2 other ps/2 keyboards and they don't work either so it's not my particular keyboard.

I was reading your other thread, and I got the impression you were using a PS2 keyboard with a USB adapter plugged into the USB port. I guess this is not the case.
So, just so I understand completely a regular PS2 keyboard plugged into the PS2 port will not allow you to enter the BIOS?

cyrax

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
Problem fix. I turned on my computer w/sound on and it gave me a constant beep. When I unplugged keyboard the sound skipped for a bit. I gave the ps/2 port a little tug forward and the sound stopped. The problem was that the mobo was too tight to the case it slightly bent the corner so that the ps/2 port failed to function. All's well now. ^^

TRENDING THREADS