Sign in with
Your question

Pls help re: RAID 0 error in Vista 32 / Intel Matrix Storage

Last response: in Storage
September 22, 2007 6:15:48 PM

I am getting error messages in Vista 32 Ultimate regarding my RAID array. I have 2 hard drives set up RAID 0. I just bought a new mobo, so it is a fresh install of Vista, I used the drivers from the CD that came with the mobo and everything went well during install. I have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6. I previously had these two drives RAID 0 on an Intel Bad Axe board and they woked flawlessly for a year (although under WinXp 32).

These error messages pop up from the Intel Matrix Storage program and Vista task bar. The message in the taskbar anounces the error and then suggests backing up all data. Everything continues to work fine -- I have on ONE occassion received the BSOD, but on restart I still had all my data and Vista still worked fine. The error says there is a problem with one port, port 2 (I have the SATA connections in ports 2 and 3 on my mobo). I usually set the port 2 to normal and continue working, but the error will always persist. Obviously I need to fix this, as I haven't yet reloaded my data onto the drive in fear that it will just be wiped anyway.

I thought at first that it happened right after I installed the drivers from the CD that came with the mobo, after my Vista install. So, I downloaded the newest version of the Intel Matrix drivers, 7.6 I believe, and installed those...but the error still occurrs. I checked all my connections, everything appears to be in order.

Does anybody know of any issues like this, or what the possible problem is? Is this an issue with Vista? Do I need to delete the array and start from scratch, and if so what drivers should I use during the install? Can I just switch the cables to ports 0 and 1, or 4 and 5 - - in order to see if the ports on the mobo are bad? Any recomendations would be great. Thanks.

E6600(B2,Core™ 2 Duo,2.40GHz,4MB)
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6 Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 4-4-4-12
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
WD Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB (X2) RAID-0
SAMSUNG 16X DVD±R DVD Burner
Antec TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply
Antec P180 Case
Artic Freezer Pro 7 HSF
Vista 32-bit Ultimate
September 26, 2007 1:28:36 AM

Anyone?