Desesperated!,E6600 won't boot up my PC!

I'm really stressed actually...i'm afraid my new E6600 won't work...

My actual PC is a:

Pentium D 3Ghz with a Thermaltake BigTyph 120VX
Intel D975XBX Mother Board with the latest BIOS from Intel's site' 1479 Version
ASUS nVidia EN7900GT 256MB PCI-Express with a ZALMAN Cooler
3GB DDR2 533mhz RAM
2HDD,a 400GB one and a 200GB other (Both SEAGATE),plus an external LACIE Drive.
Intel G5 2007 Edition
Intel Media Keyboard

Here's the problem:

Today i've bought a new Intel E6600 2,4GHZ ..before buyin' it i made sure my MoBo would support Intel Core2Duos with 1066Mhz FSB (that's the one i have) and 4MB L2 Cache.

I came home,i put the new CPU replacing the old one..thermal paste,put the Fan again (damn huge btw..) and putted all components connected at the MoBo and PSU and all..(a Media Magic PSU 700W)..

Turned the PC on....and my screen became BLACK...NOTHING SHOWS UP!!!..and the PC Fans and noise were there,working normally like always!

I need you guys help,PLEASE!!!...
22 answers Last reply
More about desesperated e6600 boot
  1. one thing i would test is put the old CPU back in and if everything runs normal then yes it was the E6600 but if everything runs just the screen goes black something might of gone wrong with your video card.
  2. Check the easiest things first....do an idiot check for things like:
    The cables that plug into the mother board ...are they fully plugged in? Even if you think they are disconnect them and then reattach

    Are you sure that your heat sink is mounted well/correctly? A heat sink that is not making full contact will not do its job and you must take it off a reseat it. The other thing to do would be to check your RAM. Take your RAM out and put it back in making very sure that it too is fully seated and the retaining clips are completly latched. Check the power cable to your video card and make sure that your video card is also seated fully/correctly....take it out and put it back in if you're not sure. If the problem persists then you're going to have to go the trouble shooting route. Start by taking every thing but bare essentials off of your board like one stick of RAM, one HD and one CDROM drive and go from there adding piece by piece until you have found the likely problem. Then test to either confirm or eliminate the problem. It is very helpful to have another computer around to test parts with while you are troubleshooting.
    Good luck man and let us know when you find out what it was
  3. I've already did the Old CPU insertion...i've removed the E6600 and put the PD3Ghz one back...the old CPU still works

    ALL components were connected CORRECTLY..The Thermaltake BigTyph120VX CPU Fan is connected Correctly with the old CPU and runs perfectly (it runned too on the E6600).The RAM are connected correctly and shows their 3GB on Window's System panel.The video card works correctly,on the old CPU it worked always,the ZALMAN fan runs too,but on the E6600 the fan still spins but no image at the computer was shown.

    I'll try out the TS Route now...i hope it works.If it doesn't,do you think it's a Mother Board fault?...should i switch it to an ASUS board?
  4. From what I remember, the original D975BX was not compatible with Conroe, while a later revision, the BX2 was. Which version do you have?
  5. First of all,i did try the whole RAM,one HD one CD-DVD thingy....nothing

    Ejay: i've got this one http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d975xbx/index.htm

    But there it says it's compatible!...is it a mis-information?...is it true that my D975XBX Mobo's NOT compatible with that?....if so...i guess tomorrow i have to buy a new MoBo...Any recommendations?..i'm kind of a Gamer,but i dun wanna use OverClocking...heard ASUS is awesome..

    Please reply ASAP,i'm getting afraid of all this...

    About ASUS,would u recommend me this MoBo http://es.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=534&l4=0&model=16 46&modelmenu=1 ?..like i said,i'm not an OverClocking freak because i'm afraid of what could happen if i do so...plus i wanna get my tower a bit more cooler,as for what i read in that MoBo's info..
  6. DV2 said:
    First of all,i did try the whole RAM,one HD one CD-DVD thingy....nothing

    Ejay: i've got this one http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d975xbx/index.htm

    But there it says it's compatible!...is it a mis-information?...is it true that my D975XBX Mobo's NOT compatible with that?....if so...i guess tomorrow i have to buy a new MoBo...Any recommendations?..i'm kind of a Gamer,but i dun wanna use OverClocking...heard ASUS is awesome..

    Please reply ASAP,i'm getting afraid of all this...


    Make sure that your PS has the 2 x 4 power plugged into the power connector next to the Back Panel. Also, if your Bad Axe motherboard is a -304 or later then it will run any of the Conroe 1066 or Kentsfield 1066 processors.
  7. all the necessary PSU connectors are connected to the PSU and the MoBo..if not i wouldn't be writting this XDDDD

    where do i check if my MoBo is a -304 or not?

    Please read the updated edited post of mine before yours,pausert20

    EDIT: BX97510J.86A.1479.2007.0403.1737 this helps? (from EVEREST)
  8. DV2 said:
    all the necessary PSU connectors are connected to the PSU and the MoBo..if not i wouldn't be writting this XDDDD

    where do i check if my MoBo is a -304 or not?

    Please read the updated edited post of mine before yours,pausert20


    The board level is part of the AA# just about the Dimm A Channel 0 memory slot.

    I have a -300 level Bad Axe at home that I modded to run a Q6700. Basically the same changes they did to officially support Conroe and Kentsfield processors on the -304 revision board.
  9. my MoBo's a -302
  10. DV2 said:
    my MoBo's a -302



    I would return your board. It does not support Conroe nor Kentsfield processors. I could send you the rework instructions but unless you can work with -0402 size components and can get those size components I would not recommend it.

    Sorry but you are out of luck with the board you got. That was the board revision that Bad Axe was introduced at.
  11. i need a huge recommendation then...

    What's better Intel Chipset?..P35 or 965?...

    And ASUS Motherboard?..Something with those heatsinks to reduce around 20+16ª around the heat..

    Do you recommend me this? http://es.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=534&l4=0&model=16 46&modelmenu=1

    or something like that..without WiFi..if so please post links please!..
  12. P35. it is the newest one.
  13. what about the motherboard?..mine's supposed to be an ATX..will that ASUS i've linked or any other you might link will be ATX?..
  14. DV2 said:
    i need a huge recommendation then...

    What's better Intel Chipset?..P35 or 965?...

    And ASUS Motherboard?..Something with those heatsinks to reduce around 20+16ª around the heat..

    Do you recommend me this? http://es.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=534&l4=0&model=16 46&modelmenu=1

    or something like that..without WiFi..if so please post links please!..


    Get a P35 board. It will allow you to run Penryn based processors when they come out.
  15. k pausert..

    one last thing,man..

    I now kno' that P35 actually rocks,but are the ASUS boards ATX?

    Plus i've seen in my spanish pricing list at shops (me spanish :P) that there are 2 P5K Models..the P5K Deluxe and the P5K3 Deluxe..

    What are their differences?...are they worth?..i'm just going to use DDR2 RAM..got 3 sticks of 1 GB each (Kingston) at 533mhz (Please read my 1st post for Rig's actual component status)

    Please detail the differences!...tomorrow i might buy the MoBo instantly!!
  16. DV2 said:
    k pausert..

    one last thing,man..

    I now kno' that P35 actually rocks,but are the ASUS boards ATX?

    Plus i've seen in my spanish pricing list at shops (me spanish :P) that there are 2 P5K Models..the P5K Deluxe and the P5K3 Deluxe..

    What are their differences?...are they worth?..i'm just going to use DDR2 RAM..got 3 sticks of 1 GB each (Kingston) at 533mhz (Please read my 1st post for Rig's actual component status)

    Please detail the differences!...tomorrow i might buy the MoBo instantly!!


    Hi DV2,

    I have only run with Intel motherboards. I have a friend that works in the motherboard side of the house. I have been getting good deals from him.

    As for the ASUS boards. I would get the one that costs the least that gives you the best overclock. It looks like all of the ASUS boards: P5K3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP, P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP, P5K all support 1333 FSB processors. But I would not get the P5K3 because it only supports DDR3 memory.

    If you don't want or need WiFi on your motherboard then I would go with the P5K. But do go to the ASUS and review the specifications to make sure the board meets your needs.
  17. Have tried resetting your bios.
  18. I've already tried..set all defaults to the BIOS..plus if what pausert says it's true,my MoBo has been created BEFORE the existance of the C2D..
  19. DV2 said:
    I've already tried..set all defaults to the BIOS..plus if what pausert says it's true,my MoBo has been created BEFORE the existance of the C2D..


    From Bad Axe supported processor list. Found here: http://developer.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d975xbx/sb/CS-026566.htm

    Processor Number Processor Speed System Bus Frequency L2 Cache Size BIOS Version
    X6800* 2.93 GHz 1066 MHz 4 MB 1334 or greater

    *The following board revisions (AA numbers) support the Intel Core2 Extreme processors:
    D27094-304 or later
    D29532-303 or later
  20. What's that supposed 2 mean?..
  21. DV2 said:
    What's that supposed 2 mean?..


    Click on the link that I provided. You can see all of the processors that the Bad Axe board supports. I just cut and pasted one section.
  22. well,there it is the C2D...but since my board's not compatible..ASUS on the go?

    Anyways,i've got 3GB "533Mhz" DDR2 RAM..wich MoBo from ASUS supports 'em and wich is better?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel