Gigabyte P35C-DS3R Memory

D-Roo

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out what DDR2 memory (make and model) I should get for a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R. All these voltage specifications are just confusing me. Please give me specific DDR2 memory (make and model) suggestions.
And another question...Is it possible to run 2gigs (2x 1gig stick) of one company in dual channel and 2gigs (2x 1gig sticks) in dual channel of another company? (for example...2x 1gig sticks of Kingston HyperX in dual channel and 2x 1gig sticks of Crucial Ballistix in dual channel)

Thanks

D-Roo

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Well my CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe E6750 2.66GHz I believe

Well I dont really know how to OC but if I ever learned how to I probably would. And when you say "how much?" I'm not really sure what that means. But for the time being I think I'm not going to OC...maybe in the future

Im not sure if that helped but...yeah...

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
By "how much" I meant how much of an overclock. Anyhow since you're not planning to oc I'd go with DDR2 667 1.8v. You can search newegg and find the ram that fits your budget best.

honolululu

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
Hi,

I have that same board and chip. That memory should work fine. I bought memory that wasn't on the supported list and it works fine. I got the Mushkin HP-6400 4 GB kit. Wish I would have just gone for 2 GB pretty much only on a price issue. If you do want 4GB, the consensus seems to be, to only have 2x2GB not 4x1GB memory sticks.

When you go for your first OC, do this. First read enough to know how to do this. Second set the Front Side Bus to 400. With CPU multiplier at 8 you can run 3.2 GHz no problem. Then set your 'System Memory Multiplier' to 2.00. It's in the middle of the list. Then your memory is running 1:1 with the 400 Mhz FSB. CPU is 4x. RAM is 2x. Stock Heat Sink and voltage. Can't go wrong.

Kinda late. Hope this makes sense.