Crossfire Option Has gone :(

johnyt

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Hi,

I have x2 ASUS ATI x1950 pros on a ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Board

I have moved into a new flat and my PC was boxed up for about a month until last night. I had a go on FEAR and I noticed it was notrunning as smooth as I remembered. So I had a look in the catalyst crontrol centre and the crossfire option had gone :(

I looked in the device manager and both cards are showing up there fine. I downloaded the latest driver from the AMD/ATI website and its made no differance. I opened up the case to see if the internal crossfire conectors had come loose but they were fully conected.

If I right click on the ATI icon in the tak bar it seems to recognise there is a second card there that I can extend the desktop but definatly no crossfire option :(

Please can any one help me out ?

human_error

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
I had this happen on my X1950xtx setup a few months back - for some reason it wouldn't show the crossfire options, as if it wasn't detecting my crossover dongle. To fix it i had to completely remove all my drivers from ati, restart, use drivercleaner and then install catalyst again, after that xfire was back and running fine.

I noticed that this happened after i had used the upgrade option a couple of times for my drivers, instead of the old remove, restart, install fresh way of doing it that ati used to reccomend - i use upgrade again now, but i still sometimes get problems with drivers i used the upgrade option for, a clean install always fixes it.