Sign in with
Your question

Apperance changes

Last response: in Windows XP
January 26, 2010 7:08:03 PM

:bounce:  :bounce:  :cry:  :sweat:  :whistle:  :fou:  :??:  :??:  :ouch:  :(  :(  can you folks tell me why my display appearance changeson its on accord//????

More about : apperance

January 26, 2010 8:30:47 PM

Do you mean the resolution?

Are you the only user?
m
l
January 27, 2010 12:56:32 AM

Need more info...

What changed?
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2010 10:10:43 AM

aford10 said:
Do you mean the resolution?

Are you the only user?

thanks for reply!! what it actually is,is a changing back to an old display appearance like windows classic or xp which of course completely does away with my custom APPEARANCE! resolution stays the same.can you or any one help??!! thanks in advance.
m
l
January 27, 2010 10:50:04 AM

Does it happen while you're on the computer, or after it has been shut down?
m
l
January 28, 2010 12:04:18 PM

aford10 said:
Does it happen while you're on the computer, or after it has been shut down?

Hi a10,this changing of appearance happens while i am busy working w/apps on my desktop.the windows logo pops up in the middle of the screen w/a message of PLEASE WAIT,then the whole desktop goes grey dim for a few seconds and then all windows revert to old windows classic or xp appearance.the only things that do not change are the desktop pictures and the screensaver apps. active/inactive titlbars,scrollbars,background,caption buttons,window borders, font colors all revert!these parimeters have been set under display properties/appearance tab/advanced but something in windows OS takes charge. HELP! Thanks for your diligance! Chuck.
m
l
January 28, 2010 12:06:43 PM

this could turn out to be a great exercise!!!
m
l
January 28, 2010 12:08:29 PM

have you recently installed windowblinds? if the trial has expired on the software it reverts back to classic instead of your chosen theme.
m
l
January 28, 2010 12:58:30 PM

hi l 2001,nice try but no hit! have not installed blinds,only using display properties in advanced appearance.THANKS and youre welcome to take another shot.bye.
m
l
January 28, 2010 1:13:20 PM

It sounds like active desktop may be crashing.

Check the event viewer to see if there is a system or application error logged at the time that this happens.
m
l
!