goodie

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
ive just bought Corsair HX620 from overclockers & for the first hour it is on it makes a nasty buzzing noise, not dead loud but annoying all the same,
is anyone else having the same problem?

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Nope can't say mine does. Give it a couple of days to 'bed in' and if you don't get an improvement I would RMA it.

It was a good choice of PSU you may have just been unlucky.

oswold

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Mine doesnt do anything like that either, so there might be something afoot. Well enjoy OCUK RMA, it sucks in my experience.

lensman

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007
Oh no!

It's not normal. I can't hear my PSU at all over my stupid stock CPU fan. (a temporary situation, I assure you!) How close are you when you hear the buzzing?

goodie

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007

tower is on my desk, my head is 2 foot away max

goodie

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
if you read on corsair forums, the ram guy claims the only noise coming from this PSU is airflow from the fan, any other noises & they will swap it for you. just debating whether to RMA mine

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Like I said. Give it a couple of days and if it doesn't stop making a noise RMA it.

I had a Hyper PSU that when it was brand new clicked a lot. Then after a day it was fine and has been trouble free since.

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I have 2 HX620's and when I had my first one, after a week it started making alot of noise. And I did,nt know what it was, after taking a closer look I found that the sticker that was on the fan came lose and was stuck inside the psu and kept hitting the fan. So I just got it out of the psu and it was quite again. I took the sticker out of the second psu before I even installed it.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

We will replace it or you can go back thru your retailer. Also, did you peek into the PSU to see if there was some object stuck in there? Our first batch had that problem mentioned here with the stickers peeling but we resolved that, better glue ;)

Let me know if I can assist you in any way.

jeditim

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
I noticed just this week that my HX520 starts to make some noise after starting from Hibernation. First time I was getting ready to check out the sound but it stopped before I could open the case. The second time I was able to open it and check all of my other fans first...expected it to be either a case or slot fan instead. Then I realized it was the Corsair PSU...I will check later for a piece of paper...hopefully that is it as the fan is super quiet.
Tim