Screen image - Unclear/Unsharp

Danneh

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Alright, my problem being my moniter shows the image as its supposed to do, anyhow it is like you can see double, like its fading. - Hard to explain, hope you understand me.

Any chance any of you guys could give me a hint on how to fix this ?

Regards.

(8600GT Expertvision 512GDDR3, 3.4 Pentium-D, 2gb Kingston DDR2)

t_wilson

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2007
If you're seeing double, then you need glasses.

However, if what you mean is that the image is blurry, then it might be the video driver. I had a blurriness problem using an Nvidia FX5200 with Windows Vista a while back, and switching from DVI to VGA (analog) solved the problem.

Well a little more info might have been helpful. I'll go out on a limb here though. If this is an LCD we're talking about, chances are you are not running it at it's native resolution. At non-native resolutions (lower than native) the monitor is forced to interpolate pixels in an attempt to simulate a single pixel with more pixels. Depending on the monitor and it's interpolation software and the relationship between the set resolution and the native resolution, the affects can be subtle or very pronounced. The worst affect is noticed on text, it tends to be blurry.

If this is the case, just set your resolution to the native resolution and your done. Unfortunately this is the drawback to LCD compared to CRT, no resolution scaling.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

The original poster with the CRT should make sure his cables are secure on both ends as this the most likely problem. Also he needs to make sure his refresh rate is at least 72Hz, 75Hz or higher is preferable. His CRT manual will say what refresh rates are supported at what resolutions. These can all be accessed in the video control panel.

t_wilson, you might try going back to DVI connection as this is a higher bandwidth and better quality video connection compared to old analog VGA. If your LCD was doubling or flickering at a high rate which gives the illusion of double (along with a headache), then check your Nvidia video control panel and make sure first that your panel is recognized as the correct type. I use an HDTV which is different from a regular LCD panel. Nvidia driver, especially VISTA driver did not recognize the panel correctly and set it as standard LCD panel. This messed up my maximum resolution as well as default refresh rate. I manually set the panel type and there is one more setting buried away, which of course I can't recall where you can choose method of connection?? I set this also and now my HDTV in VISTA, is correct at 1920x1080 60Hz, native rock solid and crystal clear. XP has only messed up once on a prior driver update but I knew what to do then. When you set it right its like going from night to day.

Is this faded image always the same or is it like a old style tv antenna ghost?

did anyone forget that CRT burns when a still image is left on screen :p

if its a ghost image make sure you are not on a KVM and that your cable is undamaged.

i will try to post a "ghost picture" in a bit

slimer2nc0.jpg

place holder