Choose operating system

On startup, I am presented with a text based dialog asking me to choose
between 2 operating systems. I suppose I get this due to a previous, aborted
xp installation. There's actually only 1 os on the machine.
Is there any way to get rid of this dialog?

-Lew
3 answers Last reply
More about choose operating system

    Hi

    Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:

    "I have two installations of XP on the same partition........"
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
    > On startup, I am presented with a text based dialog asking me to choose
    > between 2 operating systems. I suppose I get this due to a previous,
    > aborted xp installation. There's actually only 1 os on the machine.
    > Is there any way to get rid of this dialog?
    >
    > -Lew

    Thanks!
    > Hi
    >
    > Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:
    >
    > "I have two installations of XP on the same partition........"
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
    >> On startup, I am presented with a text based dialog asking me to
    >> choose between 2 operating systems. I suppose I get this due to a
    >> previous, aborted xp installation. There's actually only 1 os on the
    >> machine.
    >> Is there any way to get rid of this dialog?
    >>
    >> -Lew

    Quick way: Click start/run and type msconfig, then click ok. On the boot.ini
    tab, click the button to "check all boot paths". It should offer to remove
    the invalid one.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
    > On startup, I am presented with a text based dialog asking me to choose
    > between 2 operating systems. I suppose I get this due to a previous,
    > aborted xp installation. There's actually only 1 os on the machine.
    > Is there any way to get rid of this dialog?
    >
    > -Lew

Microsoft Dialog Windows XP