Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

my computer restarts itself...why??

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 28, 2007 4:00:25 PM

hi. i've got a problem. As i said in thread my computer from time to time restarts itself, and i completly don't know why? I should say that its almost brand new stuff (i've bought it about 3 months ago) and it wasn't overclocked. Few weeks ago i've installed wiFI card and i don't know if this one could make some thing unstable... I suppose that it might be a problem with power supply, or RAM but i've already checked RAM with MEMTEST and there were no probelms reported...is there any software that may check power supply for errors??? what could i do with this??
please help!!

here is my config:
cpu: Core2 duo e6420 2,13ghz
motherboard Gigabyte p965-s3
gpu: Palit GF7300GT 256MB(500/1000)
RAM Geil 2*1GB 800MHz cl4ultra dual channel (4-4-4-12)
power supply: ModeCom Feel I 400W

More about : computer restarts

a b à CPUs
July 28, 2007 4:05:36 PM

sterosta said:
hi. i've got a problem. As i said in thread my computer from time to time restarts itself, and i completly don't know why? I should say that its almost brand new stuff (i've bought it about 3 months ago) and it wasn't overclocked. Few weeks ago i've installed wiFI card and i don't know if this one could make some thing unstable... I suppose that it might be a problem with power supply, or RAM but i've already checked RAM with MEMTEST and there were no probelms reported...is there any software that may check power supply for errors??? what could i do with this??
please help!!

here is my config:
cpu: Core2 duo e6420 2,13ghz
motherboard Gigabyte p965-s3
gpu: Palit GF7300GT 256MB(500/1000)
RAM Geil 2*1GB 800MHz cl4ultra dual channel (4-4-4-12)
power supply: ModeCom Feel I 400W



Well, for starters if you system once ran stable and you have added any new hardware, remove it and try the system with the hardware that ran stable. Certainly a weak or failing PSU could cause system crashes and rebooting. You might try going in to BIOS and bumping up the memory voltage for stabilizing purpose. At least set the memory voltage in BIOS to mfg. specs (2.0-2.1v), not BIOS default. Your problem could be caused by any number or reasons. Just get back to where the system was stable and go from there troubleshooting. You may need some new or spare parts to troubleshoot.
July 29, 2007 6:18:12 PM

I guess that the problem might be not with PSU or RAM, but with my CPU fan (which stops from time to time for a while) - when it stops, CPU become overheat and there's thermal shutdown...am i right??
Related resources
May 6, 2009 2:49:34 AM

sterosta said:
hi. i've got a problem. As i said in thread my computer from time to time restarts itself, and i completly don't know why? I should say that its almost brand new stuff (i've bought it about 3 months ago) and it wasn't overclocked. Few weeks ago i've installed wiFI card and i don't know if this one could make some thing unstable... I suppose that it might be a problem with power supply, or RAM but i've already checked RAM with MEMTEST and there were no probelms reported...is there any software that may check power supply for errors??? what could i do with this??
please help!!

here is my config:
cpu: Core2 duo e6420 2,13ghz
motherboard Gigabyte p965-s3
gpu: Palit GF7300GT 256MB(500/1000)
RAM Geil 2*1GB 800MHz cl4ultra dual channel (4-4-4-12)
power supply: ModeCom Feel I 400W


You can buy a power supply tester to test the power supply. There are several reasons for restart problem.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 3:17:23 AM

star09 said:
You can buy a power supply tester to test the power supply. There are several reasons for restart problem.


You are replying to a thread last replied to on on July 29, 2007 nearly two years ago from an OP who has a total of five posts during those years. He is no longer wondering what could be the problem with his system :o  .
May 6, 2009 3:21:33 AM

shutdown and restarts are two different things. If it is shutting down and you are sure the fan stops completely then it is overheating. Fix overheating and it will fix the problem.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 3:49:52 AM

star09 said:
shutdown and restarts are two different things. If it is shutting down and you are sure the fan stops completely then it is overheating. Fix overheating and it will fix the problem.


Are you speaking to the OP? He posted his message nearly two years ago. What part of naive do you not understand?
June 9, 2009 4:55:41 AM

badge said:
Are you speaking to the OP? He posted his message nearly two years ago. What part of naive do you not understand?



That's rude.
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2009 5:26:37 AM

star09 said:
That's rude.


Opinions vary.
August 2, 2009 10:04:56 PM

Star you are trying to make SEO in the wrong filed ok . and stop following other competitors . It seems, you do not know what you are doing.
!