need a good liquid cooling for my high pc to oc ,which should i get?

kingzeze84

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
hello there.
i have build a new desktop tower but i am confused in choosing the right cooler. my system is as follow

-asus striker extreme edition
-intel core 2 duo e6750
-4 gb corsair pc-6400 800 mhz (4 x 1 gb )
-e-vga geforce 8800 gtx
-western digital raptor 150gb 10,000 rpm
-500 gb seagate 7,200 rpm
-thermaltake power supply 850-watt sli ready
what do you recommend guys, i was thinkin in thermaltake bigwater 745 for 150 $ i found it in my area
but there is a new bigwater 760i coming and there is swiftech h20 ultra but little expensive
i can't tell you my budget but give me a good reason to go for high, most friend of mine got bigwater 745 and its really good, i am looking for the best but not the best of the best stop. sorry for this long msg and waiting for your advice.
your
kingzeze

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006

And I would still try for the Swiftech H20 Ultra, it's an excellent ready-to-install system. It does frequently go on sale for $100 less. Indeed avoid the BigWater.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
You've kinda given us an "open-ended" question here without giving us some kind of idea what you want the expense to stay around. Bigwater, for the most part, use woefully underpowered pumps in the neighborhood of 132gph. The"New" Bigwater760i is one of them. In it's specifications on the Thermaltake website it lists the pump as a powerful 500lph. (500*.264=132gph). As you can see, that is misleading. If you add multiple waterblocks and multiple rads in the cooling loop, you will be tasking the pump to just simply circulate the coolant much less achieve anything beneficial.

You are much better off beginning with something like the various Swiftech kits mentioned above. With those kits you have components that will grow as your rig changes.

Just a few questions, initially.....

You haven't mentioned anything about o'clocking. Do you plan to do any and if so, how aggressively?

When you avoid the mentioned of a budget, it does make things a bit more difficult in helping. Did you want to stay arounf the price of a cheap Bigwater kit? Or, can you afford somewhere in the neighborhood of e decent Swiftech kit (around $300-$400)?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think going with a good starter Swiftech kit is a decent idea...at least with a budget for a Bigwater kit (Not sure what they run) but it can't be a whole lot more to go to the Swiftech 220 kit, right? Even a 3/8" micro pump would do a whole lot better than the pump on those thermaltake kits.