RCT2 Help Needed Please

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

Install goes fine, but it just sits there when I try to start play. I
doenloaded a patch, but it does the same thing. I am running an XP system
and tried running the game in compatability mode, both Win95 and Win98, to
no avail. Besides, the game claims to run on XP anyhow.

Yes, this is a legitamite store-bought copy.

Thanks in advance.

--
Fluid Dynamic
Liquid In Motion

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:24:49 -0500, Fluid Dynamic wrote:

> Install goes fine, but it just sits there when I try to start play. I
> doenloaded a patch, but it does the same thing. I am running an XP system
> and tried running the game in compatability mode, both Win95 and Win98, to
> no avail. Besides, the game claims to run on XP anyhow.
>
> Yes, this is a legitamite store-bought copy.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Could be gfx card or Direct X. Does the gfx card have T&L? Do you have
DX9? Are the latest drivers installed for your card?

--
Dave
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

DaveG <dave-ng@nospam.tld> wrote in

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:24:49 -0500, Fluid Dynamic wrote:
>
>> Install goes fine, but it just sits there when I try to start play.
>> I doenloaded a patch, but it does the same thing. I am running an XP
>> system and tried running the game in compatability mode, both Win95
>> and Win98, to no avail. Besides, the game claims to run on XP
>> anyhow.
>>
>> Yes, this is a legitamite store-bought copy.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Could be gfx card or Direct X. Does the gfx card have T&L? Do you
> have DX9? Are the latest drivers installed for your card?

Thanks for your response.

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9200 AGP/128MB

I have installed the latest Catalyst driver for it (dated 6/9/05). DirectX
version is 9.0c.

I am not sure if the Radeon has T&L. If it does, should I disable it? I
looked through the ATI control panel and I see no place to enable or
disable this.

Any thoughts?

--
Fluid Dynamic
Liquid In Motion

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:34:51 -0500, Fluid Dynamic wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9200 AGP/128MB
>
> I have installed the latest Catalyst driver for it (dated 6/9/05). DirectX
> version is 9.0c.
>
> I am not sure if the Radeon has T&L. If it does, should I disable it? I
> looked through the ATI control panel and I see no place to enable or
> disable this.

It has. It should not be disabled. (don't think it can be)

> Any thoughts?

Not any more :-( The card is one of those recommended for RCT3 so that
should not be the problem.

I think I saw something about DX9c being so new that many cards/drivers do
not support it properly yet. Just a thought.