I want users to enter their passwords

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
-Lew

If you have admin and they do not, you can set a password for them, and they
must use that to run.

Go to Control Panal - Usser Accounts - Change the way users log on.
Hope this helps

--
Pete S

"Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
> On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
> passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
> -Lew

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Unfortunately it doesn't. It seems that if use welcome screen or fast
switching are checked, then no one is asked for their password ever.
-Lew
"Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> If you have admin and they do not, you can set a password for them, and
> they must use that to run.
>
> Go to Control Panal - Usser Accounts - Change the way users log on.
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> Pete S
>

> "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
>> On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
>> passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
>> -Lew

If you are admin, then set a password for them.

--
> Unfortunately it doesn't. It seems that if use welcome screen or fast
> switching are checked, then no one is asked for their password ever.
> -Lew
> "Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>> If you have admin and they do not, you can set a password for them, and
>> they must use that to run.
>>
>> Go to Control Panal - Usser Accounts - Change the way users log on.
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> --
>> Pete S
>>

>> "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
>>> On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
>>> passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
>>> -Lew

Click Start, Run and enter GPEDIT.MSC Go to:

Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Account Policies, Password Policy.

Setting anything other than 0 for a Minimum password length will require all users to have a password.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.