I want users to enter their passwords

On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
-Lew
4 answers Last reply
More about users enter passwords

    If you have admin and they do not, you can set a password for them, and they
    must use that to run.

    Go to Control Panal - Usser Accounts - Change the way users log on.
    Hope this helps

    --
    Pete S

    "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
    > On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
    > passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
    > -Lew

    Unfortunately it doesn't. It seems that if use welcome screen or fast
    switching are checked, then no one is asked for their password ever.
    -Lew
    "Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
    > If you have admin and they do not, you can set a password for them, and
    > they must use that to run.
    >
    > Go to Control Panal - Usser Accounts - Change the way users log on.
    > Hope this helps
    >
    > --
    > Pete S
    >

    > "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
    >> On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
    >> passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
    >> -Lew

    If you are admin, then set a password for them.

    --
    > Unfortunately it doesn't. It seems that if use welcome screen or fast
    > switching are checked, then no one is asked for their password ever.
    > -Lew
    > "Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
    >> If you have admin and they do not, you can set a password for them, and
    >> they must use that to run.
    >>
    >> Go to Control Panal - Usser Accounts - Change the way users log on.
    >> Hope this helps
    >>
    >> --
    >> Pete S
    >>

    >> "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
    >>> On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
    >>> passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
    >>> -Lew

    Click Start, Run and enter GPEDIT.MSC Go to:

    Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Account Policies, Password Policy.

    Setting anything other than 0 for a Minimum password length will require all users to have a password.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message news:e3fH66mfFHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > On my laptop's xp pro install, users are not required to enter their
    > passwords when logging in. How do I enforce this proceedure?
    > -Lew

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP