New Build - GA-P35C-DS3R wont BOOT! need help!

CooliceT

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
hello all.
new members here ;)
really need some help here please!

just became a member of the Gigabyte fan club, (from asus)
but...

after getting my new parts today,
im having alot of problems,

i hope the members using this thread can help me

i made a thread in general, but i think this thread will be better for it.
my problem is...

my new spec is...

Gigabyte GA_P35C_DS3R (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 & DDR3 Motherboard
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-8500 1066MHz SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel DDR2 (OCZ2N1066SR2GK)
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 775)
Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CMPSU-620HXUK)
2x 74gig / raid - raptors.
512mb ATI Sapphire x1900xtx

i first put it all together carefully...
went to power her up... it powered up for about a second then turned itself off. then a second later turned back again.... :/ (found out its a overclocking saftey feature, scared me at first)

the only bleep i get is 1 long, then sometimes around 10 seconds later, i get another 1 long bleep...
- i took one of the ocz sticks out, but still same problem,
- no boot/post

no display either on monitor...

dont know what to do... if you look back at my previous threads.. kinda same problems. but this is a little different and totaly new parts

anyone got some help at hand?
what could be the problem?

arson

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I too am interested in your problem because I will be building almost the exact same rig.

I googled "1 long beep" and found...

"1 Long Beep: Memory problem

Explanation: There is a failure of some sort related to the system memory.

Diagnosis: The first bank of memory probably has a failure of some sort; this is usually just a physical problem such as an incorrectly inserted module, but may also mean a bad memory chip in a module. It is possible that there is a failure related to the motherboard or a system device as well."

Perhaps try and remove the stick of ram (only use 1 stick for the moment) to different slots. If that doesn't work, if you have any other sticks laying around try using those. Maybe its faulty ram?

Superheat

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2006
Here is bios error code list from manufacturer of board

The following Award BIOS beep code descriptions may help you identify possible computer problems.
(For reference only.)
1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

I start by pulling vid card and memory out. Then reseat each one at a time, while checking alignment with slots sometimes I have seen plastic built up on contacts in the many builds I have done. Also did you test power supply voltage? Inspect the board capacitors make sure you dont see any bulging capacitiors sign that they are failed. If video card is in does it require additonal power source? Did you notice if your cpu fan turned when powered on? Start with these let me know what you find. I do get bad boards once in awhile for my builds. I build about 25 systems a year. Hope this may help.

Ararat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
I have the same board, and experienced similar problems to you initially. I simply got no life out of the board. No matter what I did, or what I unplugged. In the end, I took the board out, and tried to boot it with only bare essential parts (CPU/RAM/VC), and it booted. I then placed it back into the case, and plugged components in 1 by 1, until eventually everything was plugged back in. I have no explanation as to why it wouldn't initially boot, but all is good now. If other peoples suggestions do not work, then try what I did, and good luck.