My overclock not stable anymore?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Hello everyone, Well here I am again and my OC just desided after months of trouble free operation that its not stable anymore. About a month ago I exchanged ram with the same (ram went bad) and began to get errors, so I heard that its a good idea to reset the Cmos whenever changing ram out and that fixxed all my instability. After running Orthos blend priority 7 for two 24hour sessions I thought all was good.

Today all of a sudden my computer just starts crashing, it only crashes when playing GRAW 2. So I start testing using Orthos blend priority 7 and in less than a minute Orthos stops with an error. What the h#ll is going on here? I did change only one piece of hardware in the last 3 weeks, my PSU. I upgraded from my Antec 480W to the Enermax Infiniti 720W PSU and everything has been great for 3 weeks until now. Can just changing a PSU F up my overclock? I upgraded not down graded. I am currently running Orthos at stock everything to see...

Thank you for any suggestions!

xciter

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Hm, that temperatures are not good for the CPU, nad GRAW2 is a very heavy game. After all it`s summer time and the temp`s went up. Try cooling the processor better and see if there is going to be any errors.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

Well I put everything back to stock and I've run Orthos 1 hour without an error. So If I can't get an error for the next 24 hours, it probibly was the temps. When I took off my side door to my PC case the air inside was pretty hot. Tonight was the first time I have run without the AC on full blast.