Budget PS / Case For Budget Computer

blb2397

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
Hello Forum
I am building a computer at a 600$ budget.Its mostly for Visual Studio and gaming. I just want to run todays games acceptably and get a genuine boost on my 4 year old Dell.
Nothing Fancy - AMD X2 3800, 2 GB, 1 SATA HD, DVD Burner, 7600GT Video Card or similar.
I have been looking at ZipZoomFly (No Tax, and Free Shipping) but I have no idea what is any good. Any suggestions from there. If not New Egg. I was hoping to max out at 80$ including shipping if that is at all realistic. I currently have no plans to OC and this is a copmuter that I would probably replace in a year. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
:bounce:

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
newegg has a couple of Rosewell for around $50 - $60 with 450w PSUs, I think one may have 500w. Rosewell doesn't make the best PSUs but should get you through. Used one for one of my grandkids but he's 10 so not heavy user.

In my opinion, the terms budget and Power Supply should NEVER be in the same sentence. The PSU is a severely underrated part of a computer. You would do well to remember that the PSU provides power to all the components, and if you have bad power coming out of your PSU, you will soon have bad components. How much do you value your new computer? I would think you would want to spend a little on a decent PSU.

....then again....that's my opinion....others' vary.

A good power supply for that system, with room to add on to the system and long life, would be in the 450-550 watt range. Some decent names that you can probably find at Zipzoomfly (just throwing them out as I think of them) would be Antec, Thermaltake, Cooler Master, Corsair, Enermax, and Gigabyte. You can take a look through those and pick on out. Let us know of your choice, and we can help you more as to the quality of the choice.