CPU or MOBO Fried? need help quick :(

hertzuk

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
hey, this is related to my other thread, but now y situation has changed the title is inappropriate so i will make this one...

Basically tried my first OC, all was going ok(ish). Updated my system BIOS and tried to put the OC's back, however it wasnt working. Then My PC hung, and crashed. I couldnt restart it.

Whenever i turned the PC on, the lights would turn on and the fans ETC, however no beep or anything would come on screen. Now i have tried to remove all the components, and voila, after i removed the ram i got 3 beeps (to say that ram wasnt seated properly. Then when i put this ram back in, i get no beeps. I notice that when the CPU power plug is in, a red light flashes on, and then stays off, however when the CPU power is unplugged the Red light stays on.

Taking all this into account, is it the CPU or MB thats fried?

Cheers Chris

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/244074-11-more-overclocking-problems-e6700 (previous thread for those who are interested)

hertzuk

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
c'mon guys :( i just need a suggestion, which should i replace first? eg, which is more likely to have gone?

PC world technician over the phone said it is 'more likely to be the motherboard in this situation', would like a second opinion(or more)

Cheers Chris

hertzuk

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
ye, tried everything, removed battery and all... am gonna get evga 680i mobo neway, and we shall see if its the MB or the CPU!

Cheers Chris

TRENDING THREADS