my specs

amd 64 4600 x2 2.4ghz
asrock am2 motherboard
fsp source saga ax450-n 450watt psu
2 gigs of crosair xms ddr2 dual chanel 800mhz ram
Evega 8800gts 320 mb
100 gig ide hd
ide dvd burner

now the problem is planning on purchasing a new power supply this one is fine right now but im scared its gonna crap out on me ,i just want to ask if this one is good enough or should i upgrade

2) im playing on playing new games on max , my motherboards pci-e slot is only at x8 bandwith

should i upgrade to a new motherboard?

im planning on playing

crysis
bioshock

will the bandwith diffrence make a big diffrence , i know in older games like quake 4 and half-life 2 there isnt much of a diffrence but will there be a diffrence for these game?

if i do upgrade motherboard whats the best way to take the cpu out of the motherboard transfer it to the new one,and what should i clean the top of the cpu with?

thanks for ur time

Nerd

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
crysis is a very graphics intensive game(or will be) and virtually nothing you have except the memory and the video card will play it definitely not on max settings. I have neither heard of nor can I look up your psu(maybe you mistyped it?) so I can't tell you how good it is. sorry if this sounds a little harsh.

Nerd

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
good choice on the board. might look into a p35 if you've got the time and cash. the e6750 will be plenty of processing power for nearly any practical application. but if you're just a huge multitasker than you might want the quad core