Sign in with
Your question

what is a fast, stable mobo? features secondary

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
August 8, 2007 2:07:22 AM

hey guys, I'm looking for an Intel motherboard in the 100-150 dollar range. Most important is speed and stability, followed by OC capability and lastly the features. I dont plan on having more than 2 HDDs, and dont care about RAID. SATA would be sweet though. I was thinking along the lines of MSI P35 plat. Is there anything similar to that or better? PCI-E. DDR2. E6550 probably.

EDIT: SLI is a must.

More about : fast stable mobo features secondary

August 8, 2007 3:37:24 AM

The MSI P35 Platinum is supposed to be a really good board. I have heard mostly positive things about it. Most mid to highend P35 boards should be good for overclocking stability, so the Abit IP35 or Asus P5K or Gigabyte P35-DS3 could be other viable options.
August 8, 2007 4:08:46 AM

WEll, forget about OC'ing if you're planning to get a Intel Mobo. But if you want stable and reliable go for intel
Related resources
August 8, 2007 5:33:09 AM

I think he meant an Intel chipset board rather then an Intel made motherboard. Only the Bad Axe and Bad Axe 2 975x Intel boards support overclocking, but they make great stable workstation boards and for people who run at stock settings.
August 8, 2007 6:31:33 AM

well i dont plan to overclock much. i would be happy to get the e675 to 3.0ghz and keep it there.
a b V Motherboard
August 8, 2007 6:51:34 AM

trex_2010 said:
hey guys, I'm looking for an Intel motherboard in the 100-150 dollar range. Most important is speed and stability, followed by OC capability and lastly the features. I dont plan on having more than 2 HDDs, and dont care about RAID. SATA would be sweet though. I was thinking along the lines of MSI P35 plat. Is there anything similar to that or better? PCI-E. DDR2. E6550 probably.

LOL if your after stability and reliability, FORGET MSI

Get something from ASUS or Gigabyte
August 8, 2007 6:53:45 AM

apache_lives said:
LOL if your after stability and reliability, FORGET MSI

Get something from ASUS or Gigabyte

What he said, Asus P5K or Gigibyte.
August 8, 2007 6:57:32 AM

I had some bad experiences with ASUS. Twice. Also, their boards are usually too expensive and have too many features that I will never ever use or remember after a week. I dont want stuff that I wont use that will just clutter my board, generating useless heat and draining my pockets. 7.1 sound? Don't need it. 10 ethernet ports? Don't need it.
a c 136 V Motherboard
August 8, 2007 7:17:05 AM

he said : SLI is a must , then get EVGA 680i or ASUS STRIKER EXTREME
August 8, 2007 9:25:09 AM

I have a question about P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP - Dual Gigabit LAN: can I plug inthernet and my cable TV(my cable goes through internet cable, but TV and internet is different cables)so can i plug them bouth in to the motherboard and have them working or is that Dual Gigabit LAN is just one slot for in and another slot for out
!