confusiont

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
fedex or ups?

shipping for me
ups 3 day-$30
fedex express saver- $130

does it matter? cause i heard ups really sucks and sometime damages the packages.

ups 3 day-$30
fedex express saver- $130

Well, with a difference of $100 between UPS and Fedex, I'm surprised this is even a question! :pt1cable: I hope that is a typo!

Either way, I prefer UPS because they'll leave the package on my doorstep if I'm not home to receive it whereas Fedex will not leave it and I have to go to the shipping center 20 minutes away to pick it up. Neither UPS or Fedex has damaged my packages.

Out of all of them tho, I actually prefer the good ol' United States Postal Service, never had any issues with them...ever!

firetatoo

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
UPS.
when i got married we had some china delivered and the fedex guy was too impatient to wait 30 seconds to answer the door (i was asleep as i was working nights at the time). the fedex delivery guy just DUMPED the box with the plates and other extremely breakable things that had a one of those immistakable FRAGILE stickers on it over the railing on our front porch.
we called and complained and will never use fedex again.
UPS shows up at the same time every time (within an hour or so) and the packages are in a nice "not-at-all-smashed" condition.
incidentaly; DHL ships for dell in this area and i have also been very satisfied with their service as well.

Daredevil_8

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Fedex always delivers a day earlier than UPS for me (I just tried this last week; My CPU with FedEx got here on thurs and the rest with UPS got here on friday). FedEx has no problems leaving stuff here w/o signature, too. I definitely prefer FedEx, but UPS hasn't really given me any problems, just slower.

In general, I prefer FedEX because I hate it when UPS simply leaves the package in front of my door. I live in an apartment building so someone can simply walk away with my package without being caught. They only left it at my door once, but I called up UPS and yelled at the manager.

Given the price difference, I would go with UPS unless you are getting an expensive shipment and are afriad of someone just walking away with your stuff.