papasmurf211

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Ok im a bit confused with this mobo in terms of voltages. When i view my hardware monitor in bios it shows my cpu voltage at 1.216v at stock? I thought the default was 1.2875v. Also should cpu voltage damper be enabled? I have also noticed that i have to increase my cpu voltage signifcantly more on this ASUS P5K to achieve a 3.00 ghz overclock than i did on my Gigabyte P35-DS3R although that mobo was giving me other problems.

qw3r7yju4n

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
i cant answer to the BIOS reading but i can say that if you cant get the same stable OC with your new motherboard then it most liikely that the voltage-regulation system on the new one is not as godd as your old one. every VRM has a variance. you have to give it more power to keep it varying below what the CPU needs to operate at whatever you have it OC'd to.

now that i think about it. the BIOS reading could be evidence to my previous.

btw to get stable 3.0GHz ;1333FSB and 888 RAM @ 4-4-4-12; i have to take my vcore to 1.34ish. I also have a low VID 1.2875 B3 stepping so. just me, still within intel's specs, and i have water cooling so heat isnt much of an issue. just need to lap my cpu to get even temps across the cores. hope this helps.