Sign in with
Your question

Bsod-now no power up

Last response: in Windows Vista
October 25, 2010 11:22:37 PM

Hello,
Had a bsod error0000001a,went to safe mode w/networking, came up for a few secs, then froze, tried again, and froze again-now pc will not power up at all-vista home premium, acer desk top-what can I do?

More about : bsod power

October 28, 2010 9:57:31 PM

tinman1 said:
Hello,
Had a bsod error0000001a,went to safe mode w/networking, came up for a few secs, then froze, tried again, and froze again-now pc will not power up at all-vista home premium, acer desk top-what can I do?

Can you get to normal safe mode(guessing not).

You can enter the recovery console(google instructions/guide)

Or if you don't need the data or can put the HDD into another machine to save data it may be easiest for you to do a system restore if the windows recovery console doesn't work for you. I know HP/Dell leave a recovery console not sure what acer does.

I'm assuming you mean it won't boot up not that it won't power on. If it won't power up then you have a different problem and hardware failure is a likely cause, which could have been causing blue screens as it failed and now nothing as it's died.
m
l
October 29, 2010 2:29:19 AM

It could be overheating or a faulty power supply. Check inside the case for dust build up, fans clogged up or not working.
m
l
!