Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Suggestion for RCT4 or a RCT3 patch

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 6:33:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

I don't know if this has been suggested before... if it has, it
deserves multiple suggestions:

When building a new rollercoaster, there is an option to turn on/off
the height of the track. There should also be an option to turn on/off
guestimated speed of train at particular track. The chances of my
coaster design being flawed, because I didn't impart enough down hill
velocity to my train, will be greatly reduced.

It's such a pain in the butt to make a coaster, simulate it, only to
find out that your train gets stuck, or starts going in reverse. Often
times, you can't just fix that section of track, without having to
'smooth out' the tracks that come after it.

What I often end up doing, is using stock designs, or making tracks
that are simpler than my ambitions call for which is frustrating, or
just designing a coaster of my 'dreams' just one per park, which is
also frustrating, or restraining my designs to account for inevitable
mistakes, like adding lots of straight away sections, just in case, I
need to add a 'booster hill' or spacing out the track layout, so that I
can 'smooth out' errors.

It really is the main reason, why I don't spend as many hours as I'd
like, making my own coaster.

Anyways, that's my suggestion for next release. Have fun designing.

More about : suggestion rct4 rct3 patch

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 11:40:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"DaLoverhino" <DaLoveRhino@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1121808805.395600.10450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

>
> It's such a pain in the butt to make a coaster, simulate it, only to
> find out that your train gets stuck, or starts going in reverse. Often
> times, you can't just fix that section of track, without having to
> 'smooth out' the tracks that come after it.
>
Well gee, Deloverhino, working out the 'kinks' in a coaster is half the
challange. Along with optimizine the number of handymen and trying for '
Best looking bathrooms' awards
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 5:15:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"Anthony B" <anthony_brouse@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:b1da5$42ed616b$8b373f21$8578@ALLTEL.NET...
>
> "DaLoverhino" <DaLoveRhino@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1121808805.395600.10450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
> >
> > It's such a pain in the butt to make a coaster, simulate it, only to
> > find out that your train gets stuck, or starts going in reverse. Often
> > times, you can't just fix that section of track, without having to
> > 'smooth out' the tracks that come after it.
> >
> Well gee, Deloverhino, working out the 'kinks' in a coaster is half the
> challange. Along with optimizine the number of handymen and trying for '
> Best looking bathrooms' awards
>

Or, if you're playing RCT3, you can just run the coaster in test mode while
you're building it.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 5:32:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

Anthony B wrote:
> "DaLoverhino" <DaLoveRhino@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1121808805.395600.10450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
> >
> > It's such a pain in the butt to make a coaster, simulate it, only to
> > find out that your train gets stuck, or starts going in reverse. Often
> > times, you can't just fix that section of track, without having to
> > 'smooth out' the tracks that come after it.
> >
> Well gee, Deloverhino, working out the 'kinks' in a coaster is half the
> challange. Along with optimizine the number of handymen and trying for '
> Best looking bathrooms' awards

That's in your opinion. The challenge -for me- is to make an
exciting/intense roller coaster that's not nauseating, that generates a
good deal of money, and has a very compact footprint, so that you can
stuff as many of them as you can in your park.

'Debugging' your track isn't any easier than creating a coaster, but I
don't find it challenging, nor fun, but that's just me.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:31:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

>> Well gee, Deloverhino, working out the 'kinks' in a coaster is half the
>> challange. Along with optimizine the number of handymen and trying for '
>> Best looking bathrooms' awards

>That's in your opinion. The challenge -for me- is to make an
>exciting/intense roller coaster that's not nauseating, that generates a
>good deal of money, and has a very compact footprint, so that you can
>stuff as many of them as you can in your park.

Easy, shuttle rollercoasters. Very easy to make, very small, can charge
a lot, have a massive throughput of guest and therefore make a huge
profit.

It also seems the OP lacks experience in make coasters. Once you get
the hang of it you can easy knock them out. Although you can still
spend forever tweaking them to perfection.
!