PC stop working after few minutes

Hi Guys,
I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new replacement MoBo. I've assembled
and returned everything and including my old BIOS setting. PC bootup win-xp ok BUT it
will not run continuously because hard drive LED stop. All program just stop
functioning after few minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to Reset and
always did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse virus on popup
warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard drive because AV program stop also.
I also tried in Safe Mode to clean-up AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not successful because
it stop also. Oh Boy - I give up!

Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.
10 answers Last reply
More about stop working minutes

    In news:OZofTPofFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:

    > I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new replacement
    > MoBo.
    > I've assembled and returned everything and including my old
    > BIOS
    > setting. PC bootup win-xp ok BUT it will not run continuously
    > because
    > hard drive LED stop. All program just stop functioning after
    > few
    > minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to Reset and
    > always
    > did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse
    > virus on
    > popup warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard drive
    > because AV program stop also. I also tried in Safe Mode to
    > clean-up
    > AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not successful because it stop also.
    > Oh
    > Boy - I give up!
    >
    > Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.

    Is this motherboard identical to the original one? If not (and it
    may not be even if it seems to be), you may need to do a repair
    installation of Windows.

    Read here:
    "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    YES! Ken,
    My motherboard is identical to the original one. Every hardware and software are
    identical and the same. Hope and Thanks it will not STOP on Repair Install.
    Regards, --- Rino.

    In news:OZofTPofFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:

    > I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new replacement
    > MoBo.
    > I've assembled and returned everything and including my old
    > BIOS
    > setting. PC bootup win-xp ok BUT it will not run continuously
    > because
    > hard drive LED stop. All program just stop functioning after
    > few
    > minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to Reset and
    > always
    > did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse
    > virus on
    > popup warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard drive
    > because AV program stop also. I also tried in Safe Mode to
    > clean-up
    > AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not successful because it stop also.
    > Oh
    > Boy - I give up!
    >
    > Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.

    Is this motherboard identical to the original one? If not (and it
    may not be even if it seems to be), you may need to do a repair
    installation of Windows.

    Read here:
    "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:28:33 -0700, "<<< R I N O >>>"
    <Sorry@NoMail.com> wrote:
    >I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new replacement MoBo. I've assembled
    >and returned everything and including my old BIOS setting. PC bootup win-xp ok BUT it
    >will not run continuously because hard drive LED stop. All program just stop
    >functioning after few minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to Reset and
    >always did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse virus on popup
    >warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard drive because AV program stop also.
    >I also tried in Safe Mode to clean-up AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not successful because
    >it stop also. Oh Boy - I give up!
    >Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.

    Check to be absolutely sure that your cpu fan is spinning and that
    the heat sink has a good contact with the cpu, with a new layer of
    the special heat conducting "grease" between cpu and heat sink

    An overheating cpu will run for 20 seconds to a minute or so and
    then issue a command to the motherboard to STOP

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    In news:%232N%23hBpfFHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:

    > YES! Ken,
    > My motherboard is identical to the original one. Every hardware
    > and
    > software are identical and the same. Hope and Thanks it will
    > not STOP
    > on Repair Install. Regards, --- Rino.

    If they are truly identical, a repair installation shouldn't be
    necessary, and won't help. On the other hand it won't hurt
    either, and it might be worth trying.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > In news:OZofTPofFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:
    >
    >> I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new
    >> replacement
    >> MoBo.
    >> I've assembled and returned everything and including my old
    >> BIOS
    >> setting. PC bootup win-xp ok BUT it will not run continuously
    >> because
    >> hard drive LED stop. All program just stop functioning after
    >> few
    >> minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to Reset and
    >> always
    >> did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse
    >> virus on
    >> popup warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard
    >> drive
    >> because AV program stop also. I also tried in Safe Mode to
    >> clean-up
    >> AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not successful because it stop
    >> also.
    >> Oh
    >> Boy - I give up!
    >>
    >> Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.
    >

    > Is this motherboard identical to the original one? If not (and
    > it
    > may not be even if it seems to be), you may need to do a repair
    > installation of Windows.
    >
    > Read here:
    > "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    Thanks!

    In news:%232N%23hBpfFHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:

    > YES! Ken,
    > My motherboard is identical to the original one. Every hardware
    > and
    > software are identical and the same. Hope and Thanks it will
    > not STOP
    > on Repair Install. Regards, --- Rino.

    If they are truly identical, a repair installation shouldn't be
    necessary, and won't help. On the other hand it won't hurt
    either, and it might be worth trying.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > In news:OZofTPofFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:
    >
    >> I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new
    >> replacement
    >> MoBo.
    >> I've assembled and returned everything and including my old
    >> BIOS
    >> setting. PC bootup win-xp ok BUT it will not run continuously
    >> because
    >> hard drive LED stop. All program just stop functioning after
    >> few
    >> minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to Reset and
    >> always
    >> did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse
    >> virus on
    >> popup warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard
    >> drive
    >> because AV program stop also. I also tried in Safe Mode to
    >> clean-up
    >> AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not successful because it stop
    >> also.
    >> Oh
    >> Boy - I give up!
    >>
    >> Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.
    >

    > Is this motherboard identical to the original one? If not (and
    > it
    > may not be even if it seems to be), you may need to do a repair
    > installation of Windows.
    >
    > Read here:
    > "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    In news:%23u1Nv6qfFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:

    > Thanks!

    You're welcome. Let us know how it turns out.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > In news:%232N%23hBpfFHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    > <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:
    >
    >> YES! Ken,
    >> My motherboard is identical to the original one. Every
    >> hardware
    >> and
    >> software are identical and the same. Hope and Thanks it will
    >> not STOP
    >> on Repair Install. Regards, --- Rino.
    >

    > If they are truly identical, a repair installation shouldn't be
    > necessary, and won't help. On the other hand it won't hurt
    > either, and it might be worth trying.
    >

    >> "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in
    >> message
    >> In news:OZofTPofFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    >> <<< R I N O >>> <<< R I N O > typed:
    >>
    >>> I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new
    >>> replacement
    >>> MoBo.
    >>> I've assembled and returned everything and including my old
    >>> BIOS
    >>> setting. PC bootup win-xp ok BUT it will not run continuously
    >>> because
    >>> hard drive LED stop. All program just stop functioning after
    >>> few
    >>> minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to Reset
    >>> and
    >>> always
    >>> did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse
    >>> virus on
    >>> popup warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard
    >>> drive
    >>> because AV program stop also. I also tried in Safe Mode to
    >>> clean-up
    >>> AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not successful because it stop
    >>> also.
    >>> Oh
    >>> Boy - I give up!
    >>>
    >>> Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.
    >>

    >> Is this motherboard identical to the original one? If not (and
    >> it
    >> may not be even if it seems to be), you may need to do a
    >> repair
    >> installation of Windows.
    >>
    >> Read here:
    >> "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"
    >>
    >> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    Re partition. Re format.

    "<<< R I N O >>>" <Sorry@NoMail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    > I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new replacement MoBo. I've
    > assembled
    > and returned everything and including my old BIOS setting. PC bootup
    > win-xp ok BUT it
    > will not run continuously because hard drive LED stop. All program just
    > stop
    > functioning after few minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to
    > Reset and
    > always did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse virus
    > on popup
    > warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard drive because AV
    > program stop also.
    > I also tried in Safe Mode to clean-up AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not
    > successful because
    > it stop also. Oh Boy - I give up!
    >
    > Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.

    Can you go into your BIOS and see what your CPU temp is..........

    > Hi John,
    > Maybe you're right because I _DID NOT_ apply a new layer of the special
    > heat
    > conducting "grease" between cpu and heat sink. I used the old grease as I
    > did NOT minus
    > or wasted the amount of grease and I did mounted in original location of
    > heat sink and
    > fan. I used pen-tel marking dots to locate them.
    >
    > I need a 2nd opinion if I really need to change the grease. My CPU fan is
    > running OK.

    Hi Paul,
    CPU Warning Temperature is set at 63C/145F
    and I actually did ACPI Shutdown Temp for Disable; or choose from 60C/140F to high of
    95C/203F. Thanks!

    "Paul" <wf1000xg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    Can you go into your BIOS and see what your CPU temp is..........

    "<<< R I N O >>>" <Sorry@NoMail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi John,
    > Maybe you're right because I _DID NOT_ apply a new layer of the special
    > heat
    > conducting "grease" between cpu and heat sink. I used the old grease as I
    > did NOT minus
    > or wasted the amount of grease and I did mounted in original location of
    > heat sink and
    > fan. I used pen-tel marking dots to locate them.
    >
    > I need a 2nd opinion if I really need to change the grease. My CPU fan is
    > running OK.

    Yes, I'll do it BUT NOT immediately as other easy remedy can fix it. Repartition? - NO
    and Never need it! Reformat - maybe and if Repair Installation failed and that will be
    my last resort I'll do if everything suggested here failed. Thanks!

    <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
    Re partition. Re format.

    "<<< R I N O >>>" <Sorry@NoMail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    > I need your help. My EpoX motherboard sent me a new replacement MoBo. I've
    > assembled
    > and returned everything and including my old BIOS setting. PC bootup
    > win-xp ok BUT it
    > will not run continuously because hard drive LED stop. All program just
    > stop
    > functioning after few minute of running. Cold boot has no effect except to
    > Reset and
    > always did checking files on all drives. I deleted one Trojan Horse virus
    > on popup
    > warning BUT couldn't completely scan the whole hard drive because AV
    > program stop also.
    > I also tried in Safe Mode to clean-up AV, Spyware & Malware BUT not
    > successful because
    > it stop also. Oh Boy - I give up!
    >
    > Any tip, help or suggestion will be gladly appreciated.

Hard Drives Windows XP