GIGABYTE P35-DS3P - core2duo 6750 . Temp issue

stoult

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Hi, I´m having troubles with the GIGABYTE P35-DS3P cpu temps.

SPECS:
Intel core2duo 6750 fsb 1333
2 gb supertalent ddr2 800
gigabyte p35-ds3p
liberty 620
2 sata II drives - 250gb - stripe (using gigabyte controller on bios)
2 ide dvdrom

First of all, in the BIOS I´d disabled "SMART FAN", this option stoped cpu cooler in Windows XP when idle. When i did something like a simple copy/paste the cooler had started again. This is the first time I see this, is normal that the SMART FAN stop the cpu cooler?

The temps are too low:

In the BIOS between 24/28ºC IDLE.

Core Temp: 10/11ºC IDLE 30/31ºC full load
Hardware monitor: the same
EVEREST: the same
SPEED FAN: the same

Just EASY TUNE (Oficial gigabyte soft) give me the same temps from BIOS: 24ºC IDLE - 48ºC FULL LOAD.

Is this normal? I´d read that the tjunction of my 6750 maybe is 100. All this programs takes the 85 value.

So, Are this temps normal, can i do overclock taking the EASY TUNE values?

is the cpu sensor´s diode allright?

Last, SMART FAN: is it normal that stop my cpu cooler?

http://www.danakbat.com.ar/giga/test/

Thanks a lot, i hope you understand me.

Stoult from Argentina.

abel

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
Apparently the motherboard is interpreting temps incorrectly. The smart fan can stop the cpu fan altogether, yes. Smart fan is likely reacting correctly. It doesn't know your temps are wrong.

Or are they (temps) wrong? Isn't it winter time in the southern hemisphere? What is the ambient temperature where the computer is? How warm do things seem by your skin?

I have seen BIOS updates come out recently from Gig. boards that dealt with temp. corrections. Until then, you probably should overclock with caution or not at all.

stoult

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Apparently the motherboard is interpreting temps incorrectly. The smart fan can stop the cpu fan altogether, yes. Smart fan is likely reacting correctly. It doesn't know your temps are wrong.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Or are they (temps) wrong? Isn't it winter time in the southern hemisphere?
What is the ambient temperature where the computer is?

The temp it´s 20/21ºC, and yes it´s winter.

How warm do things seem by your skin?
I will buy a digital term for that.

I have seen BIOS updates come out recently from Gig. boards that dealt with temp. corrections. Until then, you probably should overclock with caution or not at all.
Yo´re right, maybe an update bios will fix something. For the moment the overclock has to wait.

Thanks a lot abel, i hope you understand my english.

Latest posts